The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Underwater lights (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6423-underwater-lights.html)

voodoo 01-15-2012 11:23 AM

Underwater lights

I am thinking of removing the transom shower from my boat.
It needs work and I'll never use it.
That would mean leaving the thru hull fitting.
Question, is there an underwater light that would fill the hole?
Can these lights take the abuse of that spot in the hull?

Minnox 01-15-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Underwater lights

I just bought my boat a month ago and have not really used it yet, and I am not sure if we would even use the shower since it uses sea water. I am missing the shower head and the pump is burned up. If you do remove your shower would you want to sell these items? The other option would be to get a piece of stainless steel and make a plate to cover the hole in the transom. Your idea for a underwater light is really good, I like it! I also thought of putting some lights on the bottom side of the swim platform. I will keep and eye on this thread to see if anyone has added the light to the sea cock hole.

Zackattack 01-15-2012 06:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw these at last years boat show, they are made to use in the drain plug location. A little spendy though.:confused:

Oregondunes 01-16-2012 06:54 AM

I picked up these from a local seller that sold his boat before installing. Ive installed them, but not had the boat in the water since to try them out. I hooked them up to the transom/swim step light circuit. I installed them near the top of the out-drive on either side in the middle of the transom. They are very bright.

LUMITEC LIGHTING SeaBlaze3 Underwater LED Light, Blue/White at West Marine

lanierz260 03-05-2012 03:33 PM

Oregondunes.. how did these lights work out for you? I'm seriously thinking about adding underwater lights and of course the options seem endless.

Oregondunes 03-05-2012 03:39 PM

dont know yet. still freezing cold here (well this past weekend was pretty nice) and my boat is still in winter mode stored indoors.

lanierz260 03-05-2012 03:48 PM

Sorry Oregondude.. didn't think to look at when you made your comment. I guess it is still cold there huh. I'm having a swim platform installed this spring so while the boat is out of the water, I was going to have the lights installed. I'll try to take pics of the platform and lights.

Oregondunes 03-05-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanierz260 (Post 34456)
Sorry Oregondude.. didn't think to look at when you made your comment. I guess it is still cold there huh. I'm having a swim platform installed this spring so while the boat is out of the water, I was going to have the lights installed. I'll try to take pics of the platform and lights.

where are you getting the platform from ?

lanierz260 03-05-2012 05:06 PM

I have a quote from swimplatforms.com but recently I've seen others referring to another company located in Colorado (I believe) Swim Platform Superstore. I emailed this other company last week for a quote but I've not received anything yet. The quote I have from swimplatforms.com is $1695.00 which seems pricey. I looked at the other site and I like many of the options they have ..for instance the flush mounted base for a grill pole.

Lead time according to swimplatforms.com is 2.5 weeks.

rayzorback 03-06-2012 01:42 AM

FYI......The phone number for swimplatforsuperstore.com is: 303-287-0810 ask for Kelly. The platform I ordered will be Red to match my boat with a Black Rubrail and handgrip insert. It also has 4 support poles instead of 2 that come from swimplatforms.com. Mine is the "Wedge" design.