The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Prestige Trailers (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6138-prestige-trailers.html)

Juno 09-06-2011 11:57 PM

Prestige Trailers - Help?

I was wondering if anyone with a Prestige Trailer can tell me where the VIN plate is located?

I am hoping of importing a 2001 Mariah Diablo with a Prestige Trailer from the US to Canada, the trailer inspection will only pass with a legible VIN plate apparently...This is making me nervous as I know that these plates can become worn out over the years. Also Prestige Trailers has gone out of buisness so I can't contact them for a new vin plate. :(

Any help would be awesome,

Thanks

mike699 09-07-2011 02:20 AM

Re: Prestige Trailers

I have a single axle heritage and it's on the back of the first cross member on the left hand side.

DFZ272 09-07-2011 02:34 AM

Regulations vary from state to state. Many trailers have the VIN stamped directly on the trailer itself. I don't know much about Canada, do they require a registration or title? Can you get any pictures of the label or stamping on the trailer. Any trailer manufactured in the US would have came with a manufacturers certificate of origin from the maker. This is then brought to a DMV or some other state agency where a registration and/or title is generated from the C.O.E. Does the person you are buying it from have either of these? Either should have the vin on it. Some police departments can do inspections to verify the numbers on a trailer. Do you have any cop friends? Some states actually stamp trailers with a vin for homebuilt trailers with a stamp set. These stamp sets are available at most tool supply companies. Bottom line you need a paper trail with the trailer. I hope this is a least a little helpful. Hey forum members if anybody knows anything, throw a bone.
Happy Boating
Dan

Juno 09-07-2011 01:20 PM

Thanks for you input guys. I have copies of the titles from the owner right now with the trailer VIN on them. In Canada I will have to take the trailer for an inspection and Canadian Tire and I believe one thing they look for is that the VIN on the trailer matches the VIN on the Title documents. If the VIN on the trailer is not legible I am thinking I may be in for some trouble there and not be able to get a license plate for this trailer. I also read that RIV will make you export the trailer if you don't pass or comply within 45 days of the inspection.

Anyone with a Prestige Trailer know if the VIN is stamped and where it maybe Stamped on the trailer?

Thanks All.

Andrew

Oregondunes 09-07-2011 05:25 PM

Goto your local welder and have him wire feed the vIN to the bottom of one of the front rails.

ShabahZ280 09-07-2011 07:24 PM

Or you can contact Heritage Trailers, (who took over Prestige when they went out of business) and find out what they recommend.

618-439-9626

Juno 09-07-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 32536)
Or you can contact Heritage Trailers, (who took over Prestige when they went out of business) and find out what they recommend.

618-439-9626

I spoke with Heritage and apparently they don't own Prestige, they just bought some of their assets. They were no help.

Thanks though.

skiater 09-08-2011 09:36 PM

I can possibly help, send me a PM with your email address.

Skiater.

Boody 07-11-2013 05:50 AM

Hi there I was just wondering if you could help me with a compliance label or a source for the info on my prestige trailer. I imported it to Canada but now need the label for reg.
thanks so much
Ryan
Morden MB

mikeyt 07-11-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boody (Post 46476)
Hi there I was just wondering if you could help me with a compliance label or a source for the info on my prestige trailer. I imported it to Canada but now need the label for reg.
thanks so much
Ryan
Morden MB

Did u not read this 2 year old thread? Prestige no longer exists.