The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   cigarette lighter outlets dont work (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6091-cigarette-lighter-outlets-dont-work.html)

Jgos929 08-26-2011 08:20 PM

cigarette lighter outlets dont work

One of them did but I plugged my inverter into it to pump up my tube and I guess it blew a fuse or something because its not working anymore. I looked under the dash and checked all the fuses at the panel and they were all fine. Is there an inline fuse somewhere I'm not seeing? I looked at the wiring diahgram on here but that doesn't help me out at all. Its a 97 Shabah 180.

I tried searching but didnt find anything.

jarwiebe 08-26-2011 11:57 PM

Re: cigarette lighter outlets dont work

Hi Jgos929

I had a the same problem on my Z210 with the power outlet on port side by the glove box. I first checked the ground and found it to be solid. I then undid the screws that held the socket in the panel and found an inline fuse on wiring to the outlet. In my case the fuse was good so I traced the power wire back to under the dashboard and found it had come out of its socket where it mates with a bunch of other wires. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Jgos929 08-29-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarwiebe (Post 32245)
Hi Jgos929

I had a the same problem on my Z210 with the power outlet on port side by the glove box. I first checked the ground and found it to be solid. I then undid the screws that held the socket in the panel and found an inline fuse on wiring to the outlet. In my case the fuse was good so I traced the power wire back to under the dashboard and found it had come out of its socket where it mates with a bunch of other wires. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Guess i'll start tracing wires. Thanks for the help:)

woodward33 07-02-2013 03:15 PM

Has anybody with a Z302 traced back the cigarette lighter outlet on the starboard side? My outlet there is not working, ground is good, and I can't find an inline fuse on the positive side. I've tried taking out the throttle controls, the fuse panel, and the horn/key plate to get back there but I can't get down far enough to see where the positive plugs in. Anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

Beach Dog 07-02-2013 04:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Jgos929,

Working on the boat today so I thought I would chime in.

I had a similar issue after plugging in an air pump into the outlet. Sorry for the poor photo skills but I took a picture of the outlet and fuse on a 95 202 so you could compare.

As I recall, it was hard to get to so I put in a new fuse housing with a longer wire. I took out the row of switches above on the dash to get at it when I replaced the fuse housing.

I also wanted to share that after replacing the inline fuse mine still did not work. I discovered the issue by accident when I bridged a fuse with my voltage meter and heard my depth finder beep. I found that the ACC slot in the fuse block had gone bad. I move the fuse and the lead to an empty slot. Problem solved.

Hope my experience is beneficial.

Thanks,

Beach Dog