The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   another satisfied smart tab customer (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6074-another-satisfied-smart-tab-customer.html)

tmk126 08-22-2011 03:46 AM

another satisfied smart tab customer

Don't want to beat a dead horse here but wanted to let any doubters know that I finally installed smart tabs on my '91 1900z and it made a huge difference! I had to place them closer to the outdrive than I wanted because of the swim step design. I can't believe I waited 2 seasons before installing them.

mikeyt 08-22-2011 02:34 PM

Re: another satisfied smart tab customer

:wink_thumbup:

Oregondunes 08-22-2011 04:39 PM

I love mine too, but it did cut about 8 mph off the top speed.

darkcalling 08-22-2011 08:58 PM

Hmm up on plane quicker or top speed, decisions decisions. Oregon whats your top speed I know your boat is a few feet longer then mine I am running 502 with 26 props didn't get it wound right out this year but did low 60s so far, probably a bit faster now that the blackfin fell off lol.

Slamsanders 08-23-2011 12:56 AM

Hmmm when I put on a 4 blade 19 pitch prop my boat gets right up on plane quick. I wonder if I should go ahead and try the smart tabs anyway. Heard a lot of good things about them.

Oregondunes 08-23-2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkcalling (Post 32164)
Hmm up on plane quicker or top speed, decisions decisions. Oregon whats your top speed I know your boat is a few feet longer then mine I am running 502 with 26 props didn't get it wound right out this year but did low 60s so far, probably a bit faster now that the blackfin fell off lol.

I have just the std 454 (330hp), bravo 3 with 26p. it will only go 41 now. Used to do 50.

darkcalling 08-23-2011 01:01 PM

Ok thanks I am fast enough then will check into tabs. When the old boat was getting near 60s I was doing the chine walk of doom almost, this girl felt solid as a rock and smooth as silk :)

nglauer 08-23-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slamsanders (Post 32171)
Hmmm when I put on a 4 blade 19 pitch prop my boat gets right up on plane quick. I wonder if I should go ahead and try the smart tabs anyway. Heard a lot of good things about them.

It'll help keep your boat on plane at lower speed. It's saved us on gas, and made the boat handle better. Plus I don't have to shift passengers around like I used to. I've been very impressed with them, well worth the investment.

I have seen more than one person mention that these have cut down on their top speed... mine wasn't affected though, if anything my acceleration is 1000% better because i'm not fighting to jump out of the hole. Then again, I only have a 3.0L, so I don't have much of a top speed anyways lol.

Nic

Slamsanders 08-24-2011 12:38 AM

Well I'm not concerned about top speed anyway. I rarely go over 40mph. Mainly just pull wake boarders 18 to 22 mph. The prop helped tremendously, more than I even had hoped. So if the tabs will help even more to keep me planed at those slow speeds I think I'll have to try them out.

Oregondunes 08-28-2011 04:53 AM

Just for giggles tonite, I removed one of the shocks from each side and went for a rip. it still rolls up quickly, yet I picked up 3 mph both with and against the wind and a totally full fuel tank (128 gals) and only two of us in the boat. tomorrow I will have a full boat (8 kids/4 adults) pulling 2-3 tubes all day.

We ran for 5 hours tonite cruising around 30 and used 22 gal's. So 4+ g/hr is great compared to the 6g/hr I was using. next test will be to remove the other shock and do the same test.