The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Seeking similar boats (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/607-seeking-similar-boats.html)

mikeyt 01-14-2008 04:18 PM

Seeking similar boats

Is there a way to find out what year, model / size boat each of the members have? If not, it might be useful addition to our information database. If members could access that info it might encourage them to seek out others with the same make/model when they have certain questions...

Maybe an extra column in our members list?

Mark 01-14-2008 04:55 PM

Here you go mike 1999 182 Shabah with a 4.3 L:rolling_laugh:

mikeyt 01-14-2008 04:58 PM

Smart ass. :rolling_laugh:

I wuz thinking more for the owners who have less popular models. Like the new member with the 2002 - Z245 STC. I did a google search on "Mariah Z245" & came up with just about nuthin'. :shakehead:

ShabahZ280 01-14-2008 06:39 PM

I like that idea, I'll talk to Ryan and see if we can get something going! :wink_thumbup:

bill.deweese 01-15-2008 02:45 AM

This would be cool indeed. I seem to have a niche year/model. Mine is a '96 Shabah 200. Now that year is unfortunately absent from the brochures, however cruising the 1995 and 1997 info, I see a 202 and 183's etc. The info on the side of the Taylor windshield clearly says 200. I cruise e-bay, bto and usedboats on a routine basis and I see other 1996 Mariah Shabah 200's so I know I am not the only one ;o)

Thanks,

Bill DeWeese

MariahMan 01-15-2008 05:04 AM

I've added a custom field to the profile so you guys can add your Mariah yeah and model. To add it go to user cp, edit profile and scroll down to "Mariah Year and Model".

To find whose got what boat, just go to the members list, "Search Members" at the top right, advanced search, then type in what your looking for in the "Mariah Year and Model" field.

You don't have to be specific with your search. You can just type "shabah" if you're looking for anyone w/ a shabah, etc.

I know this isn't quite what you guys were looking for, but let me know if this works. I will post an announcement letting people know about the feature.

WetWilly 01-15-2008 08:38 AM

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for getting this idea to work, I like it and it works pretty good too! I was able to find your boat info and mine.

I did have to refresh my screen sometime to get a result, maybe it was my system, been running for over 39 straight hours, guess a reboot doesn't sounds too bad right now!

I know this might be nitpicking or opening a can of worms but I used to work with data bases and we relied on input standards to keep searches and reports accurate.

That being the case, I used the following format: 1996 Z240 Talari 7.4L Bravo III (Full Year, Size, Model, Engine Size and Outdrive)

I took the liberty to add the engine and outdrive to aid members looking for similar propulsion as well.

I was wondering how you entered your information and what's your thought on a standard and the I/O info?

Thanks,
WetWilly

P.S. Hey mikeyt, Thanks a million, this was an awesome idea!! :wink_thumbup::wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 01-15-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariahMan (Post 3234)
I've added a custom field to the profile so you guys can add your Mariah yeah and model. To add it go to user cp, edit profile and scroll down to "Mariah Year and Model".

To find whose got what boat, just go to the members list, "Search Members" at the top right, advanced search, then type in what your looking for in the "Mariah Year and Model" field.

You don't have to be specific with your search. You can just type "shabah" if you're looking for anyone w/ a shabah, etc.

I know this isn't quite what you guys were looking for, but let me know if this works. I will post an announcement letting people know about the feature.

Personally...i would get rid of that column for "Reputation" on the Members List and insert the model/year/engine size info there.

boatman 01-15-2008 03:30 PM

I have a 1996 Mariah Shabah 200

MariahMan 01-15-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 3239)
Personally...i would get rid of that column for "Reputation" on the Members List and insert the model/year/engine size info there.

I agree, but to do this requires some significant coding change to the memberslist.php file. I will have to look and see if i can call the custom field i created. I'm not sure how exactly i'll do that, but i'll get back to you guys on it.