The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Ever been towed behind your own boat? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/5856-ever-been-towed-behind-your-own-boat.html)

willrev 07-13-2011 03:36 PM

Ever been towed behind your own boat?

Ever been towed behind your own boat? I usually am the one behind the wheel. I let a friend tow me on one of those super mable big inflatable couch cushions. Yes, the captain's call is louder back there:worry_to_laugh:

The 240Z Talari throws plenty of wake! And when you go through a fast turn it really throws you to the side of the boat:rolling_laugh:

I think I will stay behind the steering wheel from now on! :wink_thumbup:

darkcalling 07-13-2011 04:41 PM

Re: Ever been towed behind your own boat?

Not on a tube but I did have to let the 1st mate learn to drive while I skied good thing I have been doing it for awhile lol hard left out of the hole, first time she did it. Second time I said hit it got up and she shut it down and asked hows that rofl, yelled hit it again and away we went.

Snoopinrob 07-13-2011 05:16 PM

My wife and I just recently upgraded from a 17ft. Four Winns 4.3L to a 1996 Shabah Z200 5.7L and we like to tube/wakeboard. I can't believe the difference, it's like being towed behind a beast! I'm always nervous about who's going to be pulling me, if you're not careful you could easily get hurt if the driver isn't aware of the power of the boat and like you say the wake they put off is no joke either!:eek_animated:

rajjneef 07-13-2011 05:52 PM

I havent done that since a slightly drunken uncle convinced the ex that wide open was the way I should be pulled on a tube. This was on my old Wellcraft maybe 15 years ago. That wipeout had me drink half the lake and stunned me pretty hard.

Dredd 07-13-2011 09:00 PM

I wakeboard so, yes, lots. I prefer for any of my male friends to pull me over my first mate though. She always seems to think whatever she is listening to is more important than giving her rider a nice line and constant speed! grrr
I really don't get the fun in tubing. Waste of gas, imo. If no young kids are coming out I typically 'forget' the tube in the garage. :)

Z 202 07-14-2011 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me. Not that often, I'm usually pulling the kids on the tube or the wakeboard...

jchemotti 07-16-2011 10:49 AM

Yes, and the tube submarined at one point and I learned a valuable lesson -- keep my mouth closed:eek_animated:

I'm looking for suggestions for a replacement tube, since ours bit the dust. We typically pull a variety of ages, from about 8 to 50 somethings. My boat has a 3.0 190 engine.

Suggestions of your favorite brands or models of tubes???

Thx.