The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   serial number (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/5737-serial-number.html)

bimma328 06-29-2011 03:59 AM

serial number

hi, i am the owner of a z308 and it might sound stupid but i cant located the boat's serial number, i found one on the foot but what about the main one for the boat itself?

and another thing i dont see a plate on the boats that states the maximum allowed amount of ppl on board, apparently its a regulation and i need it, but cant find it!!!

Leonard 06-29-2011 04:32 AM

Re: serial number

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimma328 (Post 30382)
hi, i am the owner of a z308 and it might sound stupid but i cant located the boat's serial number, i found one on the foot but what about the main one for the boat itself?

and another thing i dont see a plate on the boats that states the maximum allowed amount of ppl on board, apparently its a regulation and i need it, but cant find it!!!

I would think that plate should be very near your throttle control. Look on the aft, starboard side of the hull for the serial number.

darkcalling 06-29-2011 01:16 PM

I have no idea if this is correct but according to the yacht broker I got mine from alot of these over 27' with a head and berth are yatch classified and have no seating capacity limits. But like I said its here say so someone on here may have more accurate answer.

ShabahZ280 06-29-2011 02:13 PM

Any boat over 5 Net Tons should be documented with the USCG. There should be a decal or something similar that reads "No. xxxxxx" marked somewhere on the boat. It's a 6 or 7 digit number and it should be in 3" block type text. Vessels are identified by this number as well their vessel name & hailing port.

Here's some reading material.
USCG National Vessel Documentation Center, FAQ Page

Your serial number (Hull ID Number or HIN) is located on the starboard side of the stern either marked into the hull, or attached to a small metal plate.

darkcalling 06-29-2011 03:12 PM

So Shabah does that mean I should have a seating limit somewhere in mine aswell I have detailed the interior while draining the leg oil and changing it. I saw no such sticker on her?

ShabahZ280 06-29-2011 04:45 PM

To the best of my understanding, documentation is a federal registration, and it's for larger vessels. I believe most people with boats less than 30ft usually just keep their boats registered at the state level (standard registration numbers). Your capacity plate is a silver colored metal plate and should be located near the throttle.

darkcalling 06-29-2011 07:01 PM

hmmm checked on lunch break the only silver plate says nothing about capacity

bimma328 07-03-2011 12:34 AM

i need the boat capacity plate. mine near the throttle only gives info about the boat

if i dont have one ill have to have it made. do you know whats the boat capacity for a z308?

its either 8 10 or 12

darkcalling 07-03-2011 02:38 AM

I don't have one either any one know how many people and/or lbs I can have aboard?

darkcalling 07-05-2011 12:54 PM

Well according to things I can find mine should have a 12 capacity. Does anyone know where one of those plates or capacity stickers could be gotten?