The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   It won't be long now! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/5250-wont-long-now.html)

Threejakes 03-19-2011 05:32 PM

It won't be long now!

I just pulled the cover off the Mariah today to inspect the interior after the winter weather--all's good, no damage. Now I'll start the resurection, put in the battery, start it up with the earmuffs on it and see what else she needs before I get to the ramp. I'm glad I filled the 40 gallon tank last fall. It will require a lot more money to fill it up today. The oil and filter was changed last fall, so that's done. I'll have to get the jackstands out from under the trailer and fill the tires too.Then the cruising will begin. The ice is off the lake and I'm ready--I wish the weather would cooperate (45 degrees today).

theeasynine 03-19-2011 06:35 PM

Re: It won't be long now!

Spring starts tomorrow!! I peeked under the cover of ours last week...getting anxious. I went over ours pretty extensively last fall since it was our first summer with it. I still would like to get chrome wheels for the trailer.

mikeyt 03-19-2011 07:37 PM

I dunno. We're still waiting for the Eskimos and the Polar Bears to go home before venturing outside.... ;)

Dredd 03-20-2011 08:53 PM

I just invested in $170 of liquid gold for mine a minute ago. I think we'll see a price hike after futures drive prices up tomorrow when the markets open for the first time after shooting missiles at Libya.

rajjneef 03-21-2011 01:18 AM

I filled up about a month ago when it was obvious it was going to continue to go up to the tune of $215. It hit 80 degrees yesterday here in Atlanta so a group of boating friends made it out to Lake Lanier for a great day. The beach club had a full moon party as well so our fun went into the night. Its going to be a great summer!

Brewfixer 03-23-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dredd (Post 27854)
I just invested in $170 of liquid gold for mine a minute ago. I think we'll see a price hike after futures drive prices up tomorrow when the markets open for the first time after shooting missiles at Libya.

You were very smart to do so. Like you pridicted the prices soared like the eagle. Now I will have 3 monsters to fill all summer long... My Suburban, Boat(s) and Jetskis.

E andJRX19 03-23-2011 03:25 PM

Its going to be 30's all week long here in the great state of Illinois. Looks like it will be an expensive year as well. Thats ok I cant wait to get on the water.

theeasynine 03-23-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E andJRX19 (Post 27902)
Its going to be 30's all week long here in the great state of Illinois. Looks like it will be an expensive year as well. Thats ok I cant wait to get on the water.

Yeah after being 70 for about 5 days back into the arctic. Grrr.

jgreen 03-23-2011 04:49 PM

Today's paper threatened 5 buck gas by memorial day! that'll be 3-400 to fill up my boat, 150 for the van. Hard to justify a weekend trip this year. Lots more miles on the bike this summer. Too bad it can't pull the boat.