The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Anyone tried removing their side graphics? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/5109-anyone-tried-removing-their-side-graphics.html)

Purple_Shabah 01-15-2011 01:37 AM

Re: Anyone tried removing their side graphics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinks99 (Post 27085)
Hi Brophy,

I had mine removed and had new graphics painted on. You can check out Spink's from Madison, WI Z202 (1995) in the gallery.

You can see some areas where the old graphics were but you have to get very close to see them. People think my boat is new now but it's 15 years old. Without refinishing the entire boat, you most likely will see the old marks. That will get very expensive and its not worth putting that much money into an older boat. New graphics will bring you a long way but it may not be the PERFECT look you are seeking.

Danny

Your boat looks great, I'm going to do some changes to my graphics, if the weather ever warms up.

What part of Madison are you at? I'm from the Deerfield/Cottage Grove area.

wavewalker 05-29-2011 03:54 AM

If you haven't removed them yet you can use a decal eraser. Most parts stores have them. We use them often to remove PSV on our trucks and pickups.

lanierz260 05-31-2011 08:13 PM

I have a Z260 and my detailer removed the decals and detailed the boat. I decided to go with the clean look and I love it. All that is on the boat now is the green pin strip and I get compliments all the time; people think I bought a newer boat. I'll have to post pics.

drneffga 06-06-2011 10:45 PM

I removed mine with a heat gun. Planned on new graphics but it looked so good with just the Mariah logo I left it as is. Did a lot of buffing and like everyone else I can see it in the right ligh but no one else seams to see it.

ames_007 06-07-2011 01:47 AM

The decal eraser worked great! Took the graphics off my Jubilee today after work. Stripped both sides in about 45 minutes. Too easy!

Duke 06-07-2011 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of my '98 Shabah 180 Limited Edition with graphics removed. The prior owner did this and I really like the look.

Chris Martino 01-28-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregondunes (Post 27096)
me too. heat gun, patience and some aqua buff 1000, then followed up with Wenol polish.

In the right light, on the trailer you can still see the ghostly outlines of the old stripes.

Ive been looking at Raceline Digital Store

Ive called 3 different peps here in town, the most was $150 to install, the other two were $100.

granted I have a 30' boat, but still quite reasonable

In 2018 we launched a Discontinued Series for obsolete graphics from a number of manufacturers. They are not 100% OEM correct however the subtleties are such that they don't distract from the look of the original design.

Discontinued Series / Mariah Graphics

Take a look, you may find what you've been looking for.

Chris

knkhart 02-08-2019 02:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These are Raceline Digital Graphics. I took the old ones off with a heat gun and buffed it out with Presta Gel Coat Compound. The Graphics are holding up well and look great. This was a 3 piece set in Black, Gray, and Silver. Here's a before, during, and after photo.

Motoxxx43 02-08-2019 05:15 PM

That looks great! Thanks for posting