The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   alarm (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/500-alarm.html)

Mark 11-17-2007 12:10 AM

alarm

Do all the mariahs have a alarm sound when the key is on? If so why is that (just to let you know the key is on ?) And also do you guys have jobs or just play games on the mariah site. I LOST ALL MY HIGH SCORES:mad:

mikeyt 11-17-2007 12:36 AM

my job is to make sure you dont have any high scores.. :yes_grin:

and yes, the alarm comes on when you move the key to the 'on' position.

MariahMan 11-17-2007 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 2399)
Do all the mariahs have a alarm sound when the key is on? If so why is that (just to let you know the key is on ?) And also do you guys have jobs or just play games on the mariah site. I LOST ALL MY HIGH SCORES:mad:

The alarm comes one when you turn the key to on to let you know that it is working. Same idea as the idiot lights in your car that light up when the key is turned to on. If the ecu on your car throws a check engine code but the light is burned out, you'll never know so this is the reason for the test.

For your boat though, the alarm is even more important. A 120 db alarm will sound if the engine approaches dangerous operating temperatures. This is good thing to have because, for example, if you beach your boat on a shallow beach, it's pretty easy to suck up sand into the impeller which can clog it and then it'll jam and overheat and become useless. This leads to no water going through the block and engine temps can rise VERY fast in that event.

So yes you want to hear the "beep.... beep" when you turn the key to on. If you don't here it, that means that the alarm is busted and if the engine does overheat and you don't notice it on the gauge, you probably won't catch it in time.

As for the arcade, hahaha, i had no idea it would take off like it has. I was bored one night and thought "hrm... what could get people to do more stuff on the forum" and i found that plugin on one of the developer sites i'm a member of. Keep those high scores coming guys, haha. Me, i'm a fan of Flight Simulator X so you won't catch me in the arcade. Games are to basic for my generation :p

Z 202 11-17-2007 01:53 PM

I believe the alarm is also wired into the oil pressure sensor. Definatley another reason to have a working alarm, loss of oil pressure can be far more catastrophic than an overheat.

ShabahZ280 11-17-2007 07:47 PM

Yep, which is the reason that's one of the top things on my winter to-do list, is find out why mine isn't working!

Paul F 11-19-2007 09:08 PM

I wish mine just beeped when you turn the key. It's an annoying squeal!!!!

180diablo 11-23-2007 01:13 PM

My mariah doesnt do anything when I turn the key. I just see the gauges flip around to let me know something happened.

Is is supposed to chime? ... no idea
Did it come with that feature in 1993? ... no idea
If it is present and the alarm is just broken... no idea either

:wink_thumbup:

Z 202 11-23-2007 01:26 PM

Mine beeps twice when you first turn the key to the run position. If you don't start the engine, the alarm then sounds with a constant tone. The constant tone occurs any time the key is in the run position and the engine is not running (or worse; has really low oil pressure...)

On my Shabah, the alarm transducer is located in the wiring behind the stereo. Maybe yours is there, but just disconnected.

Mariah Z276 11-24-2007 09:57 PM

My alarm comes on and stays on until the engine is started. It also sounds if the lower end oil low. I know from experience.

dudders 11-25-2007 05:40 AM

My '06 V6 alarm comes on until I start the motor. It also sounds when the oil pressure drops or the Water temp rises above a certain temp.

I will be mailing to Chris my Mercruiser Operation, Maintenance and Warranty Manual in the next couple of weeks. He is going to scan and post this manual for those interested.

I also have the Clarion M455 AM/FM/Cd manual and a Runabouts booklet for scanning.

I will post him also the CD for the Mercruiser Installation Manuals for those that want it.