The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   My First And Last. (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4741-my-first-last.html)

Fire Fighter Martin 08-18-2010 03:10 AM

My First And Last.

Hellow all Mariah owners out there.I do have a question but first off i picked up my 94 Shabah Z212 green and white scheme with the 4.3 LX Thunderbolt ING a week ago tommorrow.I fired it up friday and took off down the lake.This comming from a man who has only owned a 16ft xpress with a 40 yamaha all i can say is wow :eek_animated: what a diamond in the rough i have been lucky enough to stumbled on.And after finding this site and reading the different threads its even better to know i now own a pice of boating history that me and my family will enjoy the years to come. (she isnt going no where).

Now on to my question there are two round knobbs just to the right of the key i have not figured out what they operate does anyone have a clue? My next question is i have the duck work for the blower just no blower does anyone have a picture or maybe could tell me where to install it?

Thanks from the newbie for any help.

shabah96 08-18-2010 03:49 AM

Re: My First And Last.

I just got my boat last week also and have only used it for about 15 min so I don't know to much but one of the knobs is for the blower and the other one I have not figured out yet.

simpleaz 08-18-2010 03:55 AM

The other knob is for night travel or stopping. Bow/Stern - Off - Bow/Stern/Gauges if 3 positions.

Maddog 08-18-2010 04:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I bought my 1994 Shabah Z212 about a month ago and loving it.

The knobs in the pic (attached)

Dash light dimmer
3-Way Switch- Off/Dash&Running lights/Running lights

I was cheap and didn't want to spend the money, but join the club it has saved me hours & hours of work and saved me alot of money too. Welcome

Jeff

Fire Fighter Martin 08-18-2010 08:03 PM

Thanks for the reply.Cant wait to get back on it.Its sitting in the boat house now and all i can do is stair at it and the rain.

Fire Fighter Martin 08-18-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog (Post 25083)
I bought my 1994 Shabah Z212 about a month ago and loving it.

The knobs in the pic (attached)

Dash light dimmer
3-Way Switch- Off/Dash&Running lights/Running lights

I was cheap and didn't want to spend the money, but join the club it has saved me hours & hours of work and saved me alot of money too. Welcome

Jeff

Thanks for the reply. Man i love it.Its a beast.Ive had for almost a week and havent had it out for an hour.Now its raining. :long_angry_rant:
Thats exactly it.I tuned it on and the dash lit up red and my nav light isnt working so its i need of a bulb.
Yeah im going to join as well.This is a great place for the 89-01 Mariah owners.

Thanks again F.F. Martin

Maddog 08-18-2010 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rain…. What’s that “It never rains in southern California”, but I do get to pay ….

Gas the Excursion 44 gal tank $120
Gas the boat 40 gal tank $100
Launch Fee$9
Cost per adult 16 and older $10
Cost per kids $5
Yes one day at the local lake (small & crowded) with family and kids friends $290
My 1994 Shabah Z212 and family spending time together Priceless

Do you have any pics of the boat? (I dunno if you can post pics yet?) would love to see it.
Does all the power equipment work?
Whats your favorite thing about your Shabah Z212?

Fire Fighter Martin 08-19-2010 09:20 PM

:laugh: I hear you on the fuel cost.
The things that dont work.The blower moter and hydraulic lift are missing.My air and sea temp, defog, radio, and trim gauge do not work.How ever seeing its similar to a car on water,and my second job requires me to be a mechanic.Other than the lower unit im fairly familar with the rest of the boat.As far as the the engine (quiet and powerfull)for a 4.3 chevy block.)The lower unit seems to be quiet and work well however when i came across a no wake zone and slowed down she had some viberation?The previous owner said the gimbal bearing had been replaced just recently. The trim works good how ever to trim up i have to push the trailer button.I suspect corrosion,.
The hull seems to be in real good condition with little strees cracks. The gel coat is a bit chalky but with a little buffing i think itll be fine. The interior is in excellent condition but the three back headrest arent there but soon will be replaced.Also the toggle need to be replaced.they work but the are a bit messy.

My favorite thing?Id have to say the drive its like nothing else ive been in.When i took it out the other day the water was white capping and you couldnt feel it. The fact that you can have one or ten people in it and you cant tell a difference.Whats your favorite thing?

Yeah soon as i get it all polished up and its not raining i will send some pics.Do you have some i would love to see as well.

-F.F. Martin