The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Anyone know what would be a good replacement rub rail? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4710-anyone-know-what-would-good-replacement-rub-rail.html)

davanti z225 08-13-2010 10:42 PM

Anyone know what would be a good replacement rub rail?

I just got done talking with taco marine about replacement rub rail for my 1995 Davante and the only rail that is a match for mine is thier A11-0638 but it only comes in clear anodized not in black anodized like mine. Has anyone foun a replacemt that would be a good match or has anyone replaced theirs with something different and have pics to show what it looks like. Any help would be appriciated.

ShabahZ280 08-14-2010 02:26 PM

Re: Anyone know what would be a good replacement rub rail?

I've only heard Taco Marine's name used when talking about rub rails... They might be the only option... If you find another, please post for all of us!

Talari240ZinAZ 08-16-2010 04:24 PM

I replace mine with rigid black vinyl with a stainless overlap Taco. I think it looks better and it definitely holds up better than the aluminum with rubber insert Pic of mine

davanti z225 08-17-2010 03:19 AM

Do you have the actual part number of the rail and could you send me some more pics of the rail to my email at [email protected].. Also I just took all of the graphics off of my boat and I am having new Davanti Graphics made up for the sides- I will post pics when I am done.. thanks for the help

Talari240ZinAZ 08-17-2010 05:08 AM

Sorry, I don't have the part #'s. Bought it through the local West Marine store, they had to order it. Just measure the width/depth of the existing rub rail and use those as a guide. I used the concave stainless insert. I' have some left over materials so I'll take some shots and post them tomorrow. A note on installation, when you install the vinyl, you'll need a heat gun to form it around the transom corners and the bow. Use a soft mallet to form the stainless around the radii, don't try to bend it around, just use the mallet to tap it around, making sure you don't flatten the concave. Anyways, I'll post some pics tomorrow.

PS...you'll need plenty of stainless screws...flat heads to fasten the vinyl and then oval-heads to fasten the stainless. Anyways, I seem to remember spending about $500 when all was said and done and that was about 8-9 years ago...but the look and durability were worth it, compared to the crap aluminum and rubber rail that was on there....the black aluminum was all knicked up (which show through since they expose the silver color of the aluminum under the anodizing and the rubber was all scuffed. The rail still looks great.

davanti z225 08-17-2010 12:16 PM

Thanks for the help - From the first pics that you had posted it looks great on your boat..