The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   new extended swim platform on Z260 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/466-new-extended-swim-platform-z260.html)

S.L.P. 10-29-2007 05:49 PM

new extended swim platform on Z260

1 Attachment(s)
If anyone is interested in adding a swim platform, contact 'swimplatforms.com' of Arizona.
I ordered and installed platform, what a difference. They customize each platform to your transom. It gave us alot more usable area.
steve

ShabahZ280 10-29-2007 10:57 PM

Looks good! :wink_thumbup:
What'd that set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

97 Z222 10-29-2007 11:29 PM

I was thinking about getting a platform as well but I wondered how it would look.
And I wondered what I would do with the boat ladder. Does anyone else have an after market swim platform? I'm going to check out that website.

S.L.P. 10-30-2007 01:00 AM

Extended Platform

I believe the platform ran around $1200.00. SwimPlatform.com was very good about any questions on attachment.
They sent me a template from a Z280 and it fit like a glove. The only issue I had was the color. It only came in white and the boat is more of an off-whiteish beige color. It was shipeed in a crate with more than enough hardware. It is through bolted from the bottom into the existing swim step cavity. I used two ss brackets to the transom. Additional brackets are available if you intend to hold dance parties on the thing. I have not noticed any significant deflections with several people on it.
The original ladder was removed and the mounting holes were filled. The platform has a nice ladder that is much lower and deeper in the water, easier to get out.
SwimPlatform.com has a database of boats they have produced for.
steve

WetWilly 10-30-2007 01:27 AM

Hey S.P.L.,

That's a great looking swim platform, but my kid want's to know if it comes with a diving board? :wink_thumbup:

Put up some pics when you get it in the water, ok?

WetWilly

S.L.P. 10-30-2007 03:00 PM

Get it in the water?

WetWilly,
Get it in the water?? I just took it out! The worst thing a person could do to a boat is put it in the water! Thats where all the trouble happens. Nothing bad ever happens when it stays on the trailer. The water is gonna get real hard around here very soon. I should be able to stand on it in December. Boat will go back in next May.

I installed the platform last winter. I will look for some pic's of the boat in the water. I would have plenty if I would stop takin' snap shots of the girls in the boats tied up (the BOATS are tied up, Not the girls) next to us and more of my ride.

Sorry, NO diving board.
steve

WetWilly 10-30-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.L.P. (Post 2263)
WetWilly,

I installed the platform last winter. I will look for some pic's of the boat in the water. I would have plenty if I would stop takin' snap shots of the girls in the boats tied up (the BOATS are tied up, Not the girls) next to us and more of my ride.

Sorry, NO diving board.
steve

Ah Steve....

Did you say "girls" and "tied up", um, what platform????

Jeez, now Mikeyt's is going to want some for his collection so you beter just send them to me and I will guarantee he'll get them eventually........ :wink:

Hmmm, boats and ropes = kinky :eek_animated:,
WetWilly

sean77atx 04-01-2008 02:09 AM

Just requested information from the site. It would be nice if the color matched better, but looks like it would be a nice addition. The price looks good too. Thanks for the information. Any issues or problems since installation?

S.L.P. 04-01-2008 11:03 PM

sean77atx,
Have had no problems whatsoever. There may be more color options available. The installation is tedious but not difficult. I installed it in the backyard on a warm january weekend. assistance was needed only when thru-bolting. Thats a pain. You have to climb over the engine into the void (actually the shortmolded in platform)behind the structural transom. Expect to get plenty of fiberglass cuts and punctures .
I may relocate my ss grill to a pedestal mount on the platform. It is currently mounted on a removable ss clamp on the back of the rear seat.
steve

sean77atx 04-11-2008 09:15 PM

Thanks for the info Steve. I have contacted swimplatforms and got a quote. They sent some good pictures. Do you have any pics from above or the top of the platform? Thanks