The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Anchor storage (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/459-anchor-storage.html)

Mark 10-24-2007 11:37 PM

Anchor storage

Ok I have one for you guys. Why did mariah put in a anchor storage door at the bow of the boat . Ok easy to get at. But why did they not make the bow cover bigger to cover this door? Dont have to tell you what happens when it rains.

mikeyt 10-25-2007 01:56 AM

Mine covers my anchor locker cover and is contoured around the front light....

ShabahZ280 10-25-2007 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mine has a drain in the starboard side of the hull up front for the anchor locker.

Z 202 10-25-2007 01:26 PM

My bow cover goes over the door for the anchor locker as well.

Mark 04-21-2008 10:02 PM

Took the winter cover off last week and found it nice and dry inside.Put the summer cover on it and the inside of my ski locker is as wet as can be. Sorry but what in the heck was mariah doing with this.Would be ok if they made the cover to cover the anchor storage locker. Going to seal it shut so it will not get wet anymore. But anyway the boat is going to its slip on sunday:wink_thumbup:the season starts!!!!! Anybody else have this problem with the locker?

Mariah Z276 04-21-2008 10:22 PM

The only problem I have is my anchor locker. The anchor comes out the the front of the boat and it is the perfect place for birds to build a nest. I have filled it with sponges, paper or just about anything I could think of. The only solution I have found is storing it inside.

180diablo 04-23-2008 12:45 PM

My diablo doesn't have a bow anchor locker ... :(

It does however have one underneath the forward most bow seat. The drain flows right under the bow portion and into the ski locker and towards the bilge.

The tarps I have for my boat do not cover the whole bow tip as well. I kind of wish that it would have, but it doesn't.

Mark 04-24-2008 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well took the boat to the canvas shop and they are going to make me a little top for the storage door. Dont know if it will look a little bit strange but I will be happy with that .Here is a before pic when they are done I will give you a after pic.

sofan8 06-10-2008 05:37 PM

My anchor cover came off in my hands last year, slipped out and sank to the bottom! :mad:

I've poked around (I'm new to the board - this is my first post) online and haven't found anything, but from what I've read it may have to be custom fabricated anyway....does that sound about right? It's for a 1996 Talari...

Z275 06-10-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofan8 (Post 7765)
My anchor cover came off in my hands last year, slipped out and sank to the bottom! :mad:

I've poked around (I'm new to the board - this is my first post) online and haven't found anything, but from what I've read it may have to be custom fabricated anyway....does that sound about right? It's for a 1996 Talari...

Yes, a fiberglass shop should be able to make one for you or you can use HDPE board (high density polyethylene) to make one. You can work with HDPE almost the same way you work with MDF (medium density fiberboard). Mariah used this stuff a lot for locker covers and other storage covers. You can find it many places including West Marine.