The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Where can I find an outdrive? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/4327-where-can-i-find-outdrive.html)

jasfiveo 06-24-2010 09:45 PM

Where can I find an outdrive?

My marina just called and said he was having a hell of a time finding a bravo III outdrive (upper unit only). He thought he had found one but it would not work because it is not a generation I. He finally found one but the guy wanted almost a thousand dollars more than the original quote (was going to be $3K now we are talking $4k...no way!!) He called mercury for sh?ts and giggles and they told him $12K for the entire drive. He does not know if he can rebuild it because he has not checked on part availability. I would rather have a reman with warranty so he can just put it on and I could be back out on the lake by the 4th. Anyone know where to get one? I live in Alabama and shipping is a fortune so it would be nice to find one locally. Any help is appreciated.

jgreen 06-25-2010 12:34 AM

Re: Where can I find an outdrive?

You can try Jasper, they offer reman outdrives. There should be an installer in your area. Check their website.

ShabahZ280 06-25-2010 11:52 AM

You could switch to a Bravo I.... Apparently my boat came from the factory with a Bravo III and it was stolen right before I purchased it. I was told it had a "new outdrive"... Then I found out it originally had a Bravo III, I was kinda disappointed. But just sayin' the Bravo I is an option if you're looking to save on costs.

If you're looking to get on the water by the 4th, you better start looking around your marina for someone who won't be there for the holiday weekend and just "borrow" their outdrive. :D

martinmondry 07-15-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasfiveo (Post 23207)
My marina just called and said he was having a hell of a time finding a bravo III outdrive (upper unit only). He thought he had found one but it would not work because it is not a generation I. He finally found one but the guy wanted almost a thousand dollars more than the original quote (was going to be $3K now we are talking $4k...no way!!) He called mercury for sh?ts and giggles and they told him $12K for the entire drive. He does not know if he can rebuild it because he has not checked on part availability. I would rather have a reman with warranty so he can just put it on and I could be back out on the lake by the 4th. Anyone know where to get one? I live in Alabama and shipping is a fortune so it would be nice to find one locally. Any help is appreciated.

I have 3 full bravo 3 outdrives, in perfect running condition, long story, when i bought my proline 3250, needed to rebuild both drives, or replace them, acquired these drives to replace them, but my mechanic had already rebuilt my existing drives, therefore I have several in excellent running condition, I live in pensacola, come on down and pick one out, I can be reached at 850 637 6070, $2500 per drive, thanks