The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   First time out in my 2000 Shabah 182 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/3851-first-time-out-my-2000-shabah-182-a.html)

bbrophy58 04-04-2010 01:47 PM

First time out in my 2000 Shabah 182

1 Attachment(s)
So it was in the 70's yesterday and I finally got a chance to try out the 182 Shabah I bought in November yesterday and I have to say I loved it. One minor issue..... the tach I replaced under warranty from Faria did not work. Might not be wired right. The boat had not been used since 2008 but started up like a champ and ran great. Smooth, quiet and really quick! I took it out on the North River in Marshfield Mass. Opened it up a couple of times and saw nearly 50 on the speedo before I slowed it down. As fast as I need to go in a boat this size! This will be a fun summer! Can not wait.

WetWilly 04-04-2010 11:45 PM

Re: First time out in my 2000 Shabah 182

Hi bbrophy58, great to hear she's running real strong!

As for the Tach, there could be as many as eight wires attached and and unless Mariah changed the wire colors they should be as follows:

1) Ignition Power (Purple) x2
2) Signal (Gray) x1
3) Ground (Black) x2
4) Gauge Lamp (Blue) x2

Also don't forget to check the small dial on the back of the Tach to insure it's set for the the number of cylinders your motor has.

Good luck,
WetWilly

mikeyt 04-04-2010 11:53 PM

Hey there bbrophy58. Glad to hear you like your 'new' Mariah! As for the tach.....what WetWilly says. :wink_thumbup:

btw.....you dont think there's a chance it was wired incorrectly (or missing a connection) with the previous tach do you? :confused:

bbrophy58 04-05-2010 01:29 PM

Thanks Willy. I re-wired the tach yesterday and it is all set now. It is a pain in the butt to get at it behind the dash, but I got it. The previous owner had marked the back of the old tach and I copied his diagram...but it was wrong. Everything working now...all gauges and lights. The boat did everything I had hoped for. I have been reading this site all winter and knew what to expect. Top speed as advertised at about 50 with the standard aluminum 19p prop, a little slow speed wander and a fairly high planing speed. Might try smart tabs some day. Handled the wakes and waves really well for such a small boat, too. Hope to get out again next weekend, this time with my wife since I am now comfortable that the boat runs okay. Great site. Thanks for your help.

bbrophy58 04-05-2010 01:46 PM

Mikey - I can't say for sure if the old tach was actually okay and just wired incorrectly. When I bought the boat in November, the previous owner had removed the tach and told me it was no good. He had included a hand written wiring diagram that turned out to be wrong. I sent the tach back to Faria and for $30 they sent me a new one. I re-wired it yesterday and it it all set now. By the way...I love your boat, especially the custom top and side curtains. Awesome setup.

WetWilly 04-06-2010 03:34 AM

Hi bbrophy58, glad to hear your Tach is working now :wink_thumbup:

WetWilly