The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Z 240 underdash Circuit Board (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/382-z-240-underdash-circuit-board.html)

WetWilly 09-30-2007 08:10 PM

Z 240 underdash Circuit Board

Hello all,

While going through our boat getting acquainted with all the systems, I discovered a large exposed circuit board under my dash with what looks like relays and a power Led.

Would anyone know what this board is for and should it be encased in a box or something to prevent moisture access?

Lastly, anyone have a schematic of the board...?

Thanks,
WetWilly
Talari Z 240 BR

rjobe 10-01-2007 07:15 PM

WW,

The circuit board is primarily used for switching the lamp buses for brt/dim operation. It also has a thermistor for the ambient air temperature display, if you have one. I think it also may contain a portion, or all of the electronics for the low oil pressure, low stern drive oil warning. In any case, mine is not in a box, or even conformally coated. It mounted under the dash by 4 push on plastic pins. I'll send you a photo.

MariahMan 10-01-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjobe (Post 1788)
I'll send you a photo.

Attaching it to this thread would be even better. That way if anyone has a similar question they can find the answer rather than a dead end.

Thanks Randy!

WetWilly 10-02-2007 09:25 AM

Hello rjobe,

I appreciate the assist!

I feel like a kid with a new toy trying to figure out how everything works. So far everythig was pretty straight forward until I encountered this circuit board. I am going to try to reverse engineer the circuits to fimilarize myself with it in-case it ever needs repair.

I am really impressed with the features Mariah offered and while she's 11 years old, we plan to keep her around for many more years to come. Owned my last boat for 23 years but the features and systems were a bit simplier.

Thanks,
WetWilly

rjobe 10-02-2007 04:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the photo's... the installation underneath the instrument panel and the CCA itself.

WetWilly 10-02-2007 07:07 PM

Hey rjobe, Thanks a million for the pics!!!

Our's is still in the shop getting the little things done to the engine and outdrive like U-joints, bellows, a seal here and there, prop reconditioned, etc... you know, regular up-keep the previous owners overlooked. Should have her back next week and I will continue sorting out the electrical.

If I find any differences with the boards, I'll try to get some pictures up myself.

Thanks again,
WetWilly

Eddie 07-15-2008 01:19 AM

Is there anyway I could get a closeup of the J2 plug? Or could you tell me what color wire goes to which number on the circuit board? My wires are pulled out of the plug and I'm triying to put them back in the correct spot. Thanks, Eddie.

rjobe 07-15-2008 05:15 PM

I'll try to get you something...

Eddie 07-15-2008 10:10 PM

Thanks Randy, that would be much appreciated.

rjobe 08-04-2008 08:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some photos of J2. Hope they help. If so, please consider donating to the site for these guys have worked hard to bring us together.

Kind regards,