The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Replace/Refinish lock doors? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/371-replace-refinish-lock-doors.html)

Z275 09-25-2007 04:03 PM

Replace/Refinish lock doors?

My Z275 has a large locker door in the floor and then a smaller locker door on the swim deck that are made out of some type of plastic. It appears to be the same stuff that cutting boards are made from. They have some deep scratches that retain dirt so I want to either replace them or it seems that stuff could be resurfaced or planed somehow. I'm not sure if these are 3rd party items or were made in house at Mariah. Anyone have any ideas?

Also does anyone know who supplied the indirect recessed lighting Mariah used in 2001? The lights are oval with black plastic trim and a snap in white lens. Doesn't appear to be Attwood. I could just swap my broken one with one that is hidden I guess.

Jason
2001 Mariah Z275

Z 202 09-25-2007 04:45 PM

I cleaned my ski locker door using Mr. Clean magic erasers. It looked brand new after that...

bdbyrnes 09-25-2007 05:14 PM

Any tips on how to clean the stainless 'rims' of the lockers. Mine are grimy...

Thanks,

Brent

ShabahZ280 09-25-2007 05:28 PM

Most marine places will carry a good stainless/aluminum/metal cleaner. Star-Brite is one brand that I use on mine, works like a charm.

94 Talari 09-26-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z 202 (Post 1705)
I cleaned my ski locker door using Mr. Clean magic erasers. It looked brand new after that...

I did the same thing, looks like new!

WetWilly 10-03-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z275 (Post 1703)
My Z275 has a large locker door in the floor and then a smaller locker door on the swim deck that are made out of some type of plastic. It appears to be the same stuff that cutting boards are made from. They have some deep scratches that retain dirt so I want to either replace them or it seems that stuff could be resurfaced or planed somehow. I'm not sure if these are 3rd party items or were made in house at Mariah. Anyone have any ideas?

Also does anyone know who supplied the indirect recessed lighting Mariah used in 2001? The lights are oval with black plastic trim and a snap in white lens. Doesn't appear to be Attwood. I could just swap my broken one with one that is hidden I guess.

Jason
2001 Mariah Z275

Hi Jason (Z275),

As for your doors and locker, I believe your close, it's seems to be like polypropylene.

I found a product from West Marine that seems to be a good substitute should you decide to replace them or maybe they can be refinished like this product:

Click here

It's a plastic material that works like wood (cutting, sanding, etc..) but it's not the strongest material in the world! If you have the large 07 West Marine catalog, look up pages 308 and 309.

Hope this helps,
WetWilly

Z275 10-03-2007 10:59 AM

WetWilly - Thanks for that link! I think that is the stuff. I may try some sanding first and if that doesn't work I'm going to pull one of my doors off and send it through a planer to skim it down 1/32" and see what happens.