The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   can anyone help z250 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/3529-can-anyone-help-z250.html)

embasun 11-30-2009 07:35 AM

can anyone help z250

Hi everyone well what a machine so pleased with it, but a few things that I don’t understand
1- There is a bleeping coming from the dash???
2- The horn doesn’t work???
3- Speedo not working the paddle wheel on the back is spinning???
Other than that what more can I say what a machine.
Can anyone help thanks :confused:

ShabahZ280 11-30-2009 01:27 PM

Re: can anyone help z250

1- Beeping means there's something wrong with your engine. That's the mercruiser warning system. It can be one of three things.... a) low engine oil, b) engine temp too high, c) gear oil low. I suggest you take it to a mercruiser mechanic to have it diagnosed. It could also be something as simple as what caused mine to go off constantly, a bad sensor in the gear lube reservoir.

2-The horn could simply be unplugged from the switch or from the actual unit. Get in the small storage closet behind the dash and you'll have easy access to the wiring for both the switch and the horn itself. If the horn is truly bad, we have info on here that'll help you out, just search for "horn"

3- The paddlewheel is not for the speedo. The paddlewheel is for the trip computer (the black square box with the rotating numbers on the dash-which is completely useless if you ask me). The speedo pickup is in the outdrive. this has been discussed many times here on the site, search for "speedo" for directions on how to clean the pickup in the outdrive.

embasun 11-30-2009 01:58 PM

Re: can anyone help z250

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 19379)
1- Beeping means there's something wrong with your engine. That's the mercruiser warning system. It can be one of three things.... a) low engine oil, b) engine temp too high, c) gear oil low. I suggest you take it to a mercruiser mechanic to have it diagnosed. It could also be something as simple as what caused mine to go off constantly, a bad sensor in the gear lube reservoir.

2-The horn could simply be unplugged from the switch or from the actual unit. Get in the small storage closet behind the dash and you'll have easy access to the wiring for both the switch and the horn itself. If the horn is truly bad, we have info on here that'll help you out, just search for "horn"

3- The paddlewheel is not for the speedo. The paddlewheel is for the trip computer (the black square box with the rotating numbers on the dash-which is completely useless if you ask me). The speedo pickup is in the outdrive. this has been discussed many times here on the site, search for "speedo" for directions on how to clean the pickup in the outdrive.

Thank you Chris for all you info its been a great help
the boat is fantastic in the cabin is all like brand new never been used i think i was very lucky
Chers Mate