The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   mariah wiring (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/340-mariah-wiring.html)

180diablo 09-17-2007 02:51 PM

mariah wiring

After fiddling with my radio to get it to work and looking at all the wiring that is under there and unused, it made me wonder ....

Did Mariah boats use the exact same wiring harnesses for ALL models of their boats ???

It just seems like my boat (being on the cheaper model end) has all the wiring in place that quite likely a "higher end" model would have had.

I found an "auto antenna" label on a pink wire off the radio, found some port/starboard speaker connection labels, mid interior lighting labels... tons more labels, but I obviously didnt jot them all down.

I need to work on a "road map" of sorts for my wiring.

ShabahZ280 09-17-2007 02:56 PM

Yes, they did use the same harnesses for all their boats. You'll find all kinds of wires that aren't used. I found the TV/VCR wiring in my anchor locker zip tied in the corner. :)

180diablo 09-17-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 1511)
Yes, they did use the same harnesses for all their boats. You'll find all kinds of wires that aren't used. I found the TV/VCR wiring in my anchor locker zip tied in the corner. :)

lol thats awesome.

Now I wonder if its possible to "unlock" it of sorts and add more onto the system. Such as adding 2 rear speakers w/o overloading anything.

Hmmm how about an 18ft bowrider wtih a tv/vcr :rolling_laugh:

indykoch 09-17-2007 03:36 PM

I've noticed a lot of my wiring connectors/harnesses have the letter "Z" on them. Since my boat has the Z package, I figured they had different harnesses between the Z and non-Z, but maybe just in the latter years of business.

Most in-dash units will have (4) speaker outputs and a power antenna lead, so you may just be looking at the radio itself. But I'm sure there are instances where the wiring was the same whether the boat had that option or not. Adding a pair of speakers won't hurt a thing if the stereo is 4 channel like it sounds it is. Hook some up, and rock out!!

180diablo 09-17-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indykoch (Post 1515)
Most in-dash units will have (4) speaker outputs and a power antenna lead, so you may just be looking at the radio itself. But I'm sure there are instances where the wiring was the same whether the boat had that option or not. Adding a pair of speakers won't hurt a thing if the stereo is 4 channel like it sounds it is. Hook some up, and rock out!!

well thats what I was under the impression, even if I had a speaker to plug in on one side temporary and just test to see what happens.

Its a good old "Craig" tape deck ;) ... with the "Mariah Premium Stereo" logo right above it :wink_thumbup:

Jeff Barnett 09-17-2007 09:22 PM

My '96 Z255 has 6 factory speakers, and they all still sound great.
I also was impressed with the wiring harness.(great labeling) Being a "Z" model, I do not have any unused wires, except for one set in my anchor locker, marked "headlights" I have docking lights that work fine, whats with the headlights?? where did they mount and what did they come on?

bdbyrnes 09-18-2007 02:00 AM

I have headlights direct to port and starboard of the anchor locker. I was looking yesterday and noticed the manufacturer information. I'll take a few pictures if you are interested.

'95 Talari z240

Brent

Jeff Barnett 09-18-2007 03:23 AM

Those are docking lights not headlights, my Z255 has them, and them come on from the switch that says "Docking Lights" I still have two wires labeled "Headlights" and no switch that says "Headlights"

bdbyrnes 09-18-2007 04:51 AM

If that isn't semantics not sure what is.... :)

Where would 'headlights' be located if not at the front of the boat to the port and starboard of the anchor bay?

My switch doesn't say 'docking lights' but I stand corrected.

Jeff Barnett 09-18-2007 04:54 AM

Thats my question.. where do the "headlights" go..