The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Talari fuel tank capacity (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/3317-talari-fuel-tank-capacity.html)

Snowaterdude 09-13-2009 01:51 AM

Talari fuel tank capacity

I just purchased a 93 Mariah Talari 19' bow rider. It comes with the 5.0l Mercruiser. I wanna know how big the fuel tank is and how do I accees the tank. I assume it's ahead of the engine. Thanks for all the help...

WetWilly 09-13-2009 11:37 AM

Re: Talari fuel tank capacity

Hi Snowaterdude, in '93, the Talari was considered a 20 footer (19' 10") and the tank capacity was 30gal.

You're spot on with the tank access. I believe the bench seat tilts forward after you raise the sunpad and the access panel is right in front of the motor, at least that's how we get to ours on the 'ol Z240 Talari.

WetWilly

Snowaterdude 09-13-2009 12:39 PM

WOW ! I just learned something new....When buddy sold it to me, it was sold as a 19 footer....All it says on the side of the boat is "Mariah" and on the windshield sides "Talari". There is no number such as 190, 200, etc...Was this boat labeled as a 200 series vessel? Another question here ! I am planning on joining the Mariah owner's club and pay my yearly dues of course. I heard the club (Forum) offers many shop manuals but not all. Will the 93 Talari 20 footer be listed in there? Is the manual printable or is it view only? Thanks again...

WetWilly 09-13-2009 01:00 PM

Hi Snowaterdude,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowaterdude (Post 18229)
Will the 93 Talari 20 footer be listed in there?

Yes, and from the '93 sales brochure, you have either the MX 200 Talari or the 200 Talari Z.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowaterdude (Post 18229)
Is the manual printable or is it view only?

They are in PDF format and printable.

WetWilly

Snowaterdude 09-13-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 18231)
Hi Snowaterdude,

Yes, and from the '93 sales brochure, you have either the MX 200 Talari or the 200 Talari Z.

They are in PDF format and printable.

WetWilly

Right on, I have already learned a lot more from you and reading many posts in here. Buddy that sold me the boat said the gimbal bearing had just beeen replaced. But the boat takes on water, that is a sign that bellows are leaking then, right? I don't have the "Z" model from what I read here. I don't have the vents under the windshield nor a wiper. I have the docking lights but it believe it was offered as an option. My boat is the MX200 from what I conclude. Now, the engine is the Mercruiser 5.0 LX/V8 Alpha one. Does it have 220hp or 230 hp?

WetWilly 09-14-2009 03:51 AM

Hi Snowaterdude, I believe it was 230HP for the '93 5.0 LX.

WetWilly

Snowaterdude 09-14-2009 10:19 AM

I pulled the rear seat ouf of he way yesterday and looked at the tank. It's made of aluminium and it says 40 U.S Gallon on it. This explains why my gas gauge was barely moving after riding for an hour or so. This boat is so fuel efficient compared to my Sea-Doo jetboat (Challenger). That thing had a Rotax engine in it with only 110hp and was twice as hard as this V-8....I am really impressed. I noticed a cracked bellow on it, I guess I have to pull the stern drive out. I am mechanically inclined, is this a big job? Do I need special tools just to replace the bellows providing the gimbal bearing is good?

WetWilly 09-14-2009 08:00 PM

Wow, a 40 gallon tank, that's cool, the '93 brochures only stated 30 gallons so you've got an extra 1/3 more capacity. Hummm, I wondering if you have a '94 200 Talari instead, they came with 40 gal tanks or maybe yours was built during the '93/'94 crossover......... :rolleyes:

To replace the bellow requires the removal of the outdrive and I think you'll need a "special tool" to seat the new bellow and maybe a few more if you have to replace anything once you're in there. Takes a look at this article (click here) to familiarize yourself with the process, parts and tools needed.

If you become a contributing member, you'll have access to our library of service manuals including your Alpha. Click here if you're interested.

Good luck,
WetWilly

Snowaterdude 09-15-2009 10:28 AM

My Talari is indeed a 1993...The serial number on it ends with 93....The brochure must be wrong.....Unles it was optional, which I doubt.

WetWilly 09-15-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowaterdude (Post 18306)
The brochure must be wrong.

Hi Snowaterdude, that's very possible or like I suggested, yours could have been built during the '93/'94 crossover so it got the larger tank. Who knows, but I'd rather have the bigger one myself :yes_grin:.

WetWilly