The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Thru Hull Exhaust (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/3214-thru-hull-exhaust.html)

my97camaro 08-18-2009 07:57 PM

Thru Hull Exhaust

Has anyone put a thru hull exhaust on their Mariah at all? Any ideas on pricing, if this is a good idea etc? I have a 19 ft 2006 v6 thinking about doing it this winter??

indykoch 08-18-2009 09:20 PM

Re: Thru Hull Exhaust

This has been brought up a few times before. Seems a lot of people are interested in doing this until they discover the price. Do a search on this forum, you'll probably find a lot of comments.

I did a search at one point, and found the Corsa tips and diverters specifically for my Mariah. They wanted somewhere around $1300 just for parts.

I'm doubting the sound of a V6 would be worth it, but that's your call. Let us know how it goes if you decide to do it.

abillmann 08-20-2009 08:00 PM

Just say no. Truthfully--and I say this with respect--the rest of us aren't impressed AT ALL, (especially if it's a retrofit). Just sayin'.

JWoodliff 08-20-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my97camaro (Post 17752)
Has anyone put a thru hull exhaust on their Mariah at all? Any ideas on pricing, if this is a good idea etc? I have a 19 ft 2006 v6 thinking about doing it this winter??

hi my mariah hadit put in when it was new in 1996 it was 2000 to have it and i love it but my wife not . she cant talk to me with it on o well:yes_grin: have fun i do joel woodliff and my boat is a 350 v8 on a v6 ?

bdbyrnes 08-20-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my97camaro (Post 17752)

I recently had the Corsa Performance Thru-Hull exhaust installed. It is high quality and was exactly what I was looking for.

JWoodliff 08-20-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWoodliff (Post 17778)
hi my mariah hadit put in when it was new in 1996 it was 2000 to have it and i love it but my wife not . she cant talk to me with it on o well:yes_grin: have fun i do joel woodliff and my boat is a 350 v8 on a v6 ?

just do it others in the boating world dont like when boats have them on but they must be old or dont have money to have it and it is cool going down the lake with them on . fun fun:rolling_laugh:

timlaurie98 08-21-2009 04:21 PM

I love my captains choice. Many of the lakes around here require silent underwater exhaust, however a few like Lake Shelbyville let you open em up!... I have a small block 350 however, not sure what a v6 would sound like, maybe pretty cool! How is that v6 on gas, Some say they suck just as much as a 8? Just wondering?

Colin Logie 08-21-2009 06:22 PM

I have them on my Z241, sound awsome ! Just have to show some consideration for others, not everyone thinks they sound so sweet. If you want an idea of the sound they make on a big block, search youtube under "Z241 Talari" I put a couple of videos up.

ipr3 08-24-2009 05:53 PM

i recently put them on my 94 z202 with a 350. found some mariah tips that mount on the outside from great lakes skipper on ebay. then got s set of the mercruiser silent choice diverters also on ebay. think they only make them for big blocks but used 2inch spacers and everything works great love it and have less than 650 total in my setup.

my97camaro 06-15-2010 03:34 PM

This boat is awesome on gas mileage, I dont go a lot of places where it runs for a long period of time but i do take it out every weekend and have only had to fill it up maybe 5 times in 3 summers.