The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   marine air condtioning (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/3105-marine-air-condtioning.html)

roger56 07-30-2009 06:40 PM

marine air condtioning

I have a mariah z280 mcc 2000,
i tried to find manual maybe someone could help me ,i search for a manual or schematics that shows the parts for the water pump and strainer for air conditioning unit (ocean marine) split system .
A part is missing in my strainer thank you .

ShabahZ280 07-31-2009 04:12 PM

Re: marine air condtioning

Have you tried this?

Ocean Breeze Support

Hopefully it will help. If you can, let us know what unit is installed in your Z280 so we can post the info for other members!

Cliff_Haskins 08-04-2009 11:29 AM

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...uct.do?pid=599

A quick Google search turned this up. Looks very similar to the original. There were several other results also, but be warned, some were very expensive.

Cliff_Haskins 08-04-2009 11:32 AM

Almost forgot, wiring schematic for the self contained units were on the bottom of the cap plate over the control box. Two small Phillips screws hold it on. Should be located in the aft cabin, starboard side, very top of the unit. Hope this helps.

kenny 11-08-2012 02:17 PM

i have a 1998 z280 that i would like to install marine air. Could anyone help me by telling or showing pictures of were the original units were installed and if the wiring harness in my boat is marine air ready.

ShabahZ280 11-08-2012 05:13 PM

The original unit, (at least in my Z280) is an Ocean Marine Air 6000 BTU. It's installed in the aft cabin, on the starboard side in the storage compartment closest to the engine. The intake hose is ran to the midship bilge, where there's a thru-hull and a strainer there. The A/C water output is a thru-hull above the water line on the aft starboard side.

BUT Ocean Marine Air has gone out of business. So, any 6000 BTU or higher marine A/C system should work.

If you've got the full shorepower system electrical panel, then you should be able to add the A/C. I'll have to double check what the circuit amp requirements are though. Then it's just a matter or getting the wiring schematics, the proper gauge wire, and running it to the unit.

kenny 11-08-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 40093)
The original unit, (at least in my Z280) is an Ocean Marine Air 6000 BTU. It's installed in the aft cabin, on the starboard side in the storage compartment closest to the engine. The intake hose is ran to the midship bilge, where there's a thru-hull and a strainer there. The A/C water output is a thru-hull above the water line on the aft starboard side.

BUT Ocean Marine Air has gone out of business. So, any 6000 BTU or higher marine A/C system should work.

If you've got the full shorepower system electrical panel, then you should be able to add the A/C. I'll have to double check what the circuit amp requirements are though. Then it's just a matter or getting the wiring schematics, the proper gauge wire, and running it to the unit.

My electrical panel does have a switch labeled air/cond and was wondering if all z280's have the wiring even though they do not have a/c. I appreciate your response hope I can install the a/c.

ShabahZ280 11-08-2012 07:20 PM

It could be pre-wired for A/C. The only way to tell really would be to unscrew the shorepower panel and check if there's anything wired to the switch. If yes, then go back to the aft and look in the storage compartments until you find the wiring harness, usually bunched up and secured with a tie wrap. It will be labeled.

My Z250 had wiring installed for options it didn't have, so it's a possibility you could be pre-wired. It'll just take some rooting around to find where they stored the wires.