The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   New owner, couple questions if you please (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2968-new-owner-couple-questions-if-you-please.html)

midwest mariah 07-14-2009 01:48 AM

New owner, couple questions if you please

I have a new to me 1996 Shabah 3.0 alpha one and have a few questions.

1) The engine compartment blower, is there a switch to operate that? I'm not sure if its working or not.

2)The dash and nav lights, were not operational with key on and switches in all locations. later that night, went outside and all lights were working??? i have the 2 switches to the left of the steering column, the on/off/on and off/on.

3)I have a few seat repairs needed on the bottom cushions of the rear bench and three in the bow. anyone had those redone before, how much should I expect to pay?

4)what's a good wax recommendation? upholstery cleaner?

that's it for now, just trying to get this thing figured out before the first trip this weekend. thanks for any help you could provide!:wink_thumbup:

WetWilly 07-14-2009 10:29 AM

Re: New owner, couple questions if you please

Hi midwest mariah,

First off, if you find that the blower is bad, do not try to operate your Mariah until it's fixed, it's a safety device to prevent fire and/or explosion in your engine compartment.

Now, the on/off/on rotary switch is for the Nav and dash lights. Switched one way, only the rear Anchor light will light, and switched the other way the front Nav (Green/Red), Dash and rear Anchor lights will be on.

The other rotary switch should be for the blower. The lights and blower should work even with the ignition off and key out.

As far as the upholstery, that depends on whether you have it done during the boating season or during the off season and what grade material you choose, etc....

For maintaining your Mariah, I suggest you take a look in our "Mariah General Maintenance" section, and to get you started, click here for some hull and upholstery recommendations.

WetWilly

MAJIC 07-14-2009 01:15 PM

As for upholstery maintenance, I've been using the 3M products. Work great and really treat the vinyl well. Seats are cheaper to fix in the off season. Pricing varies greatly, but go with better vinyl and padding. It will last so much longer and is worth the difference.

midwest mariah 07-14-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 16598)
Hi midwest mariah,

First off, if you find that the blower is bad, do not try to operate your Mariah until it's fixed, it's a safety device to prevent fire and/or explosion in your engine compartment.

Now, the on/off/on rotary switch is for the Nav and dash lights. Switched one way, only the rear Anchor light will light, and switched the other way the front Nav (Green/Red), Dash and rear Anchor lights will be on.

The other rotary switch should be for the blower. The lights and blower should work even with the ignition off and key out.

As far as the upholstery, that depends on whether you have it done during the boating season or during the off season and what grade material you choose, etc....

For maintaining your Mariah, I suggest you take a look in our "Mariah General Maintenance" section, and to get you started, click here for some hull and upholstery recommendations.

WetWilly

thanks willy. this is making more sense now with the switches. I did some checking in my manual and I must have a short between the ground loop coming from the bilge switch and hitting the lights switch. That is the only point that ties the lights and blower together. :wink_thumbup:

I can wait on the upholstery, its not that bad and will definately wait to save a buck:D

midwest mariah 07-14-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAJIC (Post 16614)
As for upholstery maintenance, I've been using the 3M products. Work great and really treat the vinyl well. Seats are cheaper to fix in the off season. Pricing varies greatly, but go with better vinyl and padding. It will last so much longer and is worth the difference.

Great information, thanks Majic:drunk: