The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Finally did my official shake down run in (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2952-finally-did-my-official-shake-down-run.html)

94z190talari 07-13-2009 12:06 AM

Finally did my official shake down run

First good long run in 2 years and no real bugs :wink_thumbup: (except the spiders and dirt dobbers). :D

Had an initial scare with the stereo that turned out to be and ID 10 T error. Pull the knob out and adjust the balance and the left speakers came on. Too bad I had already peeked under the dash and kinda tried to find the wires. Wasn't too hard to find as it was marked left side. That and the in line fuse didn't have a good connection so the stereo didn't come on at first. When it did come on I was coming out of the marina and just throttled up and I heared a loud noise that I thought was the heat buzzer :eek_animated:. Turned out the connection got better and the stereo came on but wasn't tuned to a station as the memory had died from sitting 2 years.

My odometer wheel had come out of the slot from driving too far up on the boat lift and once I found a spot where there were no boat wakes (Lewisville gets to be like a storm from all the boats on the weekend) so I could stand on the ladder and reach down and feel for the correct placement the odometer works too.

So, bottom line - everything works. :wink_thumbup::D

Got some pictures of my neglected boat. It is dirty as heck but when the temps are 102 with THI above 107 this old boat wasn't cleaning nothing. :shakehead:

ShabahZ280 07-14-2009 12:02 AM

Re: Finally did my official shake down run in

Congrats, and glad everything worked! :wink_thumbup:

94z190talari 07-14-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 16572)
Congrats, and glad everything worked! :wink_thumbup:

Tanxs!!!!!! I still called the marina and had them pull the boat and change the oil and filters, give it a tune up (she still purred like a jaguar ready to pounce!). Also had him service the lower unit and clean out the speedo tube hole on the lower unit.

That and have him check the wiring on the fish finder he installed 5 years ago.

Woohoo - 2 toys in the shop in the same month.
First one picked up Saturday - Fifth wheel camper a/c repairs and replace burned
bearings from the squealing brake hub burning the grease up. $1549 for that
toy.
Next toy - boat to be fixed and test driven either Thursday or Saturday and another large bill.:eek_animated:

dudders 07-14-2009 10:13 PM

[QUOTE= bearings from the squealing brake hub burning the grease up. $1549 for that
toy.
Next toy - boat to be fixed and test driven either Thursday or Saturday and another large bill.:eek_animated:[/QUOTE]

I guess nows not the right time to hit you up for a loan then huh?

Look on the bright side, if the wife kicks your a*&e out for spending so much money, you can leave for the weekend, have somewhere to sleep and something to play on.

95Z212 07-14-2009 10:15 PM

'You thought I bought those for play?' Back up plan :D

94z190talari 07-14-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95Z212 (Post 16651)
'You thought I bought those for play?' Back up plan :D

Good call! :wink_thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudders (Post 16650)
I guess nows not the right time to hit you up for a loan then huh?

Nope! But you wouldn't want any of these tired ole American dollars now would you?:yes_grin: