The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   trim tabs ?????????? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2898-trim-tabs.html)

boat man2 07-06-2009 01:15 AM

trim tabs ??????????

so i bought a set of trim tabs there on a 1994 talari 210 better planing but at high speeds the boat will all of a sudden drifft to the right or left has anybody had this happen to them . what to do to fix the problem?????/ help:eek_animated:

bdbyrnes 07-06-2009 02:24 AM

Re: trim tabs ??????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by boat man2 (Post 16167)
so i bought a set of trim tabs there on a 1994 talari 210 better planing but at high speeds the boat will all of a sudden drifft to the right or left has anybody had this happen to them . what to do to fix the problem?????/ help:eek_animated:

What brand of trim tabs?

Do you have fluid in the master reservoir? Do the tabs adjust up and down freely when you have the boat on the trailer and can inspect them?

boat man2 07-06-2009 02:13 PM

have to find out the brand for you but thay have a little shock like thing on them dont have to do anything to them , on the trailer really hard to move up or down the fluid all looks good

jasfiveo 07-06-2009 02:25 PM

I have tabs on mine and have experienced this. I think factors like wind, amount of boats on the water, etc. have caused the boat to go left or right. Just do some slight adjustment when this happens. It takes some getting used to to get them working right. This does not happen often though. If you adjusted one side to much you are always going to go left or right depending on which tab you adjusted and also up or down.

boat man2 07-06-2009 03:37 PM

the tabs are all the way up and still doing it what next any ideas

bdbyrnes 07-06-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boat man2 (Post 16189)
have to find out the brand for you but thay have a little shock like thing on them dont have to do anything to them , on the trailer really hard to move up or down the fluid all looks good

When on the trailer the tabs should move smoothly up and down. You should hear the motor in the stern pumping the fluid. I just replaced my existing cylinders and tubing a week ago, so I am very familiar with operation.

ShabahZ280 07-07-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boat man2 (Post 16189)
have to find out the brand for you but thay have a little shock like thing on them dont have to do anything to them

Guys it sounds like he has Smart Tabs, not hydraulic or electric ones. If you can narrow down that the Smart Tabs are the problem, call John at Nauticus (the inventor of the tabs), he has been very helpful to all the customers offering suggestions and technical expertise.