The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Smart Tabs (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2773-smart-tabs.html)

karmann 06-17-2009 08:35 PM

Smart Tabs

Hello
Anyone using smart tabs, & do they work?
thanks in advance

blockp 06-17-2009 09:00 PM

Re: Smart Tabs

A quick search would have returned quite a number of threads.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

I think you get the picture. Anyway, yes, provided you're not wake boarding with the boat, they're a good addition. I've yet to read a thread that someone says they _didn't_ like them.

stereoman405 06-19-2009 05:37 PM

I just put a set on and I can already tell that they will make a big difference once I get them dialed in a little better. Right now they area too stiff and probably a little low. As it is my cuddy has absolutely NO bow rise, and an instant plane. (Down from 3-4 second plane time.) But you can tell they are slowing the boat down overall due to being too low. Seemed to stabilize it out better as well. For the money I think they are a worthy investment at this point.

karmann 06-19-2009 07:17 PM

Hello
I ordered mine yesterday.
Are they adjustable after installation?
thanks

stereoman405 06-19-2009 08:34 PM

Yup. You have 10 - 20 degrees of adjustment in height, then 5 spots for pressure. Just make sure you follow the directions and set them up in the 'mid position' when mounting the top of the piston so you can adjust them either direction down the road.

AirNavy 06-19-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stereoman405 (Post 15469)
I just put a set on and I can already tell that they will make a big difference once I get them dialed in a little better. Right now they area too stiff and probably a little low. As it is my cuddy has absolutely NO bow rise, and an instant plane. (Down from 3-4 second plane time.) But you can tell they are slowing the boat down overall due to being too low. Seemed to stabilize it out better as well. For the money I think they are a worthy investment at this point.

Did you get the SX or the stainless 12 X 9's (I'm assuming you got 80 lb ones) and where did you mount them? I'm ready to order some, but haven't decided whether I want to do the stainless 12 X 9's outboard or relocate my transducer and speed wheel and do the SX's inboard.

stereoman405 06-19-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirNavy (Post 15481)
Did you get the SX or the stainless 12 X 9's (I'm assuming you got 80 lb ones) and where did you mount them? I'm ready to order some, but haven't decided whether I want to do the stainless 12 X 9's outboard or relocate my transducer and speed wheel and do the SX's inboard.

Nauticus highly recommended the 80lb stainless 12 x 9. Something about me having a big a$$ :D

I did relocate my transducers / speedo inboard, and the tabs actually mounted more outboard than I thought they would've. I'll try to get some pics. Definitely a huge difference in the planing department at the mid setting. Just feels like the brakes are on once you hit mid0range cruising speeds. Gotta pull them up!

mikeyt 06-20-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirNavy (Post 15481)

I suspect that with the size of your boat the SS version would do a better job. You got the same 'ass' problem that Stereoman duz.... ;)

karmann 07-20-2009 12:47 AM

Hello All

Got the smart tabs installed & tried them out this weekend,
I set them up at the 25 degrees, and the middle hole on the lower brkt. I have noticed faster plane, I can run at slower speeds on plane, and I didn't lose any top speed 50 mph.
I think I'll leave them alone for a while.
thanks
Anyone want any pics?

vkrishan 07-22-2009 12:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My SX smart tabs (80 lb) - both of them - ripped off... Found the hull attachments dangling. Nauticus was nice enough to send replacements, but I'm wondering if the second set will rip off as well.. when they were on, the boat handled superbly..

here are pictures...