The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Side Vent Window Handle (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2510-side-vent-window-handle.html)

Colin Logie 05-11-2009 09:24 PM

Side Vent Window Handle

I just noticed that the port side vent window retaining handle is missing on my Z241 talari, It's a " D " shaped handle that holds the vent window closed. Any ideas on where I might find a replacement ?

ShabahZ280 05-12-2009 12:34 AM

Re: Side Vent Window Handle

Maybe try contacting Taylor Made? They made the windows for the Mariahs, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

WetWilly 05-12-2009 06:32 AM

Hi Colin,

Not sure about the part your describing as our vent window is a arm w/teeth and clamp affair to hold it open at different angles. None of the parts really look like a "D" shape except maybe the end of the arm. Would you be able to post a picture of the arm from the other vent window? Oh, one last thing, I wasn't able to locate a 242 Talari for 97, only a 241 Talari and a 242 Shabah, I was just curious.

Thanks,
WetWilly

Colin Logie 05-12-2009 01:10 PM

Hi Willy, I have some pics in the gallery, one is of the cockpit and shows the piece in question, as for the model of the boat, you are correct, it is a Z241 Talari, as etched in the side glass, I was looking at the name plate and it reads as 241 / 242, don't know why.

WetWilly 05-13-2009 12:27 AM

Hi Colin,

Now I see the part... I can't say I ever seen this anywhere. Interesting, our Talari doesn't use this part, it stays closed when the adjustment lever is folded down and the little lock lever is set.

Could you use the the "D" locks that hold the center section of the windshield closed as a possible replacement? If so, they're still available.

WetWilly

P.S. love where you've got your drain plug mounted! Hard to forget about it with it there.

Nathan5678 05-13-2009 05:47 AM

WetWilly,

Where do you get the windshield d locks, my 180 shabah is missing them. It's also missing the side vent windows all together but I figure I will never be able to replace those.

Nate

WetWilly 05-13-2009 08:09 AM

Hi Nate,

Any good Marine supply store should have the "D" locks. There's a West Marine store in Henderson, their number is (702) 567-1166. Cost - $5.79 a pair ( WM Model #: 139944 ) but if you aren't close, you can order from their web site or call (800) 262-8464 or you can order from Overton's. They're $4.99 per pair ( Item # 36242 ). Click here.

West Marine also has an adjustable vent window handle, they're $24.99 a pair ( WM item # 592339 ).

As for the Vent window, if it's just the glass, then either make a template or take out your other vent window or take your Mariah to a glass shop. Since it's a flat piece, they should be able to reproduce it. They will need to make a 1/4" hole for the vent handle and I don't believe you can make holes in tempered glass so see if it can be tempered after the hole is made. Let me know if I'm wrong about the glass.

Good luck,
WetyWilly

WetWilly 05-13-2009 08:23 AM

Hey ShabahZ250, you were right, the replacement hardware is also made by Taylor Made!

Colin Logie 05-13-2009 01:08 PM

Thanks for the info Willy, the D lock for the center window will work. I hope to take out the boat this weekend for the first time, weather permiting, yesterday was +20c, this morning is 0c with snow, boating in a winter parka ? Gotta love spring in Northern Canada ! I will take my video cam along, and post on You Tube.

WetWilly 05-13-2009 04:42 PM

Glad I helped and don't forget to post the link to your video... I've never seen a boat skate on ice before. :rolling_laugh: