The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   air/water temp gizmo (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/224-air-water-temp-gizmo.html)

moondance100 08-20-2007 12:07 AM

air/water temp gizmo

Does anyone have the water/air temp thing on the console under the radio? (at least thats where it is on my 95 Z240) anyhoo.....mine works, but its off by about 10 degrees...anyone know if there is a way to calibrate this electro-contraption?

MariahMan 08-20-2007 07:03 PM

I didn't even know the Mariah's had the air/water tamp gauge. Damn. I've been trying to find a gauge to install in my 252 Shabah but all i can find is the integrated ones w/ the lowrance depth gauge and that wouldn't look very good with the gold rimmed gauges.

Sorry i couldn't help you get the gauge working right :(

rjobe 08-25-2007 08:58 PM

I have the temp gage and mine was off by about 5 degrees. I fixed it about 4 years ago and when I travel to the lake again I'll pull together the instructions for you. I'm an electrical engineer, so I like troubleshooting things.

I have a 1995 Z202 Shabah and love it! It also has an LED Display w/ maybe 16 characters. It's located in the center of the instrument panel. It says, well it used to say 'Mariah Boats' when you start the boat and then displays time, distance, and a few other things. Do you have one of these on your boat?

Kind regards,

Randy

MariahShabah3.0 08-26-2007 01:45 AM

I don't but want to put a depth fish finder in mine. I have a humminbird. Can I attach it right at the acessory switch that's open or should I run it to the fuse box? Silly Question???

rjobe 08-26-2007 03:27 AM

Connecting it to the open switch might be worthwhile if you want to swith the power to it. It may actually be easier to get to than the fuse box.

MariahShabah3.0 08-26-2007 03:10 PM

I'm figuring that that's what I'll do. I tried to get my hands to the fuse box the other day to test a circuit and it was a pain in the rear.

rjobe 08-27-2007 12:45 AM

FYI - I posted this in this thread in addition to the LED Multifunction Display thread to keep the subject matter together for all readers.

The offset adjustment for your air/water temp display is a potentiometer located on the circuit card assy (CCA) behind the console. It's on the same CCA as the 2 numeric LEDs. You'll have to pull your console out enough to lay it down to gain access to it while leaving the wiring connected. You may have to remove the radio/tape/CD player and maybe the tape/cd holders, not sure. It's been about 4 years since I calibrated mine, but if I remember right, the adjustment is on the front of the CCA (same side as the numeric LEDs.) If so, you'll need to remove the screws that hold the CCA to the rear side of the console. Once you get to it, you simply adjust the temp reading with a small flat head screwdriver. Once set, just reassemble.

Perhaps you've seen it too, but my temp indication drifts as the circuit warms up. If I recall correctly, it drifted about 3-5 degrees, upwards I think. Because of this, I calibrated the temperature reading immediately (within a minute or so) after flipping the air/water temp switch... before it had a chance to warm up. This is the way I use the gage too, I just flip it on long enough to get a reading then turn it off.

Also, my plastic console was not strong enough to hold the radio/tape player. The radio was only secured to the plastic and was left cantilevered in the rear. This caused the console to crack. I made an aluminum plate that exactly matches the plastic, painted it black and mounted it behind it. Now things are very secure and it looks good! Do you have the same problem? If so, I think I have an extra plate left, or at a minimum the drawings for it.

I also replaced the original radio/cassette player w/ a combo CD player. I found CD holders that were identical to the cassette holders and replaced them too. Both the cassette and cd holders were actually designed for and used in a sports car, Miata I think.

moondance100 08-27-2007 01:00 AM

I have the same issues with my stereo Randy. I would LOVE to have that template!!! I have a friend that can fab the plate for me.

Thanks for the info on the air/temp unit. I"m sending the owners manual for the trip computer to chris and he'll scan it and put it up.

Thanks again Randy!!

boatman 08-27-2007 01:56 PM

I had the same problem with my radio and plan on doing exactly what you did. Haven't had time yet.

Talari240ZinAZ 06-17-2009 04:41 PM

Re: air/water temp gizmo

My Air/Sea Temp gauge on the lower console doesn't work anymore. Appears to be power to/thru the switch to the circuit board with the led's. The display on the main dash is working fine, clock is accurate. Does anyone have documentation on the Mark VIII system showing schematics between the boards and the switch? I want to make sure the wires are all connected properly before saying I have an issue in the temperature display board.

PS - I checked my wiring behind the panel and it agreed with the wiring diagram that Randy sketched when he replaced the plate on his console....coincidently, I'm in the middle of that right now....just want to get the temp gauge working.