The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Want Merchandise...maybe we can make it happen (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2162-want-merchandise-maybe-we-can-make-happen.html)

Daxgirl 03-15-2009 09:05 PM

Want Merchandise...maybe we can make it happen

The 1999 catalog is great but I am sure all merchandise is unavailable. We really want some of the merchandise esp. the towels. Any advise?:shakehead: The new website gives us nothing. We can go to a local person but would rather have the official stuff.

ShabahZ280 03-15-2009 11:32 PM

Re: Want Merchandise...maybe we can make it happen

You are correct, none of those items are available anymore. It's a shame, there's some great items in there! Occasionally there's some Mariah branded merchandise that'll show up on ebay, but I've never seen any towels. You'd probably have to have those made locally, and if you do, send me a PM with the details!

Daxgirl 03-16-2009 01:58 AM

Can we reproduce the old logo? I would love to do beach towles and can holders. If we can and anyone intersted let me know :D

MariahMan 03-16-2009 06:53 AM

That's a good question. I've thought of the club copyrighting the logo for ourselves, since technically the old logo was gold and the new Sea Fox logo is silver. That way we could produce merchandise. I'm not sure though if the simple color difference is distinguishing enough...

ShabahZ280 03-16-2009 11:46 AM

Sea Fox owns copyright to the Mariah script logo, no matter what color it is in. However, with that being said, people use copyrighted material everyday. Case in point, do a search on ebay sometime using a copyrighted brand name, and look for t-shirts, decals, watches, etc. You'll find tons of unauthorized merchandise.

There is talk of some MOC branded merchandise, but we'd need some interested people first. My first thought was koozie can holders.

ChicagoWeb 03-18-2009 12:04 AM

Any easy soltuion is to make your own stuff with cafepress.com. If you need really high resolution scans let me know. I have some .eps files that are 100+mb.

Kitto 03-18-2009 01:25 AM

I would definately be interested in obtaining merchandise. I think it's a great idea:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 03-18-2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 12675)
Sea Fox owns copyright to the Mariah script logo, no matter what color it is in. However, with that being said, people use copyrighted material everyday. Case in point, do a search on ebay sometime using a copyrighted brand name, and look for t-shirts, decals, watches, etc. You'll find tons of unauthorized merchandise.

There is talk of some MOC branded merchandise, but we'd need some interested people first. My first thought was koozie can holders.

I think i would still be somewhat concerned about potential legal action from SeaFox, particularly since they are well aware of us.

Paul F 03-23-2009 09:13 PM

I've thought about ordering things from the new Mariah website, but shipping is as much as the merchandise!

greencanuck 03-24-2009 03:02 AM

Warning on the current merchandise. I ordered a couple of hats and can sleeves and as stated above the shipping which they do not mention until after the order is processed is outragous. I still do not have the items 3 weeks later. Now I have to fight with my credit card to get my money back.