The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   How did I do? First Boat 1995 Barchetta Z192? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2107-how-did-i-do-first-boat-1995-barchetta-z192.html)

jkboliphant 02-27-2009 01:01 AM

How did I do? First Boat 1995 Barchetta Z192?

Hello all and let me say thanks for this great forum. I have been looking to purchase my first boat for quite some time now and I came across a 1995 Z192 Barchetta that I picked up for 6000 (I think its a Z series as it says Z192 on the side windshields). I am curious how I did eventhough it is after the fact, i guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance :) . The boat says it has 150 hours on it and I was told by the owner that the engine was replaced 3 years ago. It currently has the 5.0L 305 Mercruiser in it with the 4.3 Mercruiser outdrive. It has a marine CD player installed and came with a Bimini top. The only bad things were the left thru hull light was busted out completely, I think someone dropped an anchor on it or something and some of the upholstry is cracked but only minor and it is completely useable for quite some time. I guess I'm curious if this sounds about right for this type of boat. We took it out for a test ride before we bought it and man does it run. Loving it so far for the 2 days I have had it. Thanks again to all.

depman160 02-27-2009 01:15 AM

Re: How did I do? First Boat 1995 Barchetta Z192?

I just purchased a 1992 2000Z 20-footer with a 5.0L V8 and I paid $4000 for mine.
Mine is in decent shape, but like yours, has some things that need repairs.

As for whether you got a good deal, I would say you did ok. Depending on where you live, boat prices start to creep up as the weather warms up and summer approaches.

I bought mine in November and I live in Pittsburgh, PA....I'm sure that had I waited until next month or April, I would have probably spent another 1-2 grand for mine.

Good luck with the boat and make sure you add pics to the site! I found it by contacting the manufacturer, who told me they had no info. on my boat. They gave me this forum's address and I was impressed from the moment I started looking around!
Patrick

mikeyt 02-27-2009 01:19 AM

If you are happy with it after the test run then you did okay. :wink_thumbup:

btw...the outdrive will likely be an Alpha one. The 5.0 will move that boat along quite nicely. The front docking lights can be replaced with original equipment or you can upgrade to LED docking lights by Attwood at a slightly higher cost. There's lots of info and ideas here on our site, so have a look around and if you have any questions just ask!

jkboliphant 02-27-2009 01:20 AM

Thanks for the reply that is the exact way I found this site as well. I was looking for a manual as my boat came with no information at all. I'll get pics as soon as I can.

Jeremy

depman160 02-27-2009 01:40 AM

Enjoy the boat!

Anytime you have a question, this forum will have the answer!! The people I've interacted with on here so far know their S**T when it comes to Mariahs!!