The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Shabah 180 Bow speaker wiring (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/2041-shabah-180-bow-speaker-wiring.html)

RPOLS3 02-03-2009 03:01 PM

Shabah 180 Bow speaker wiring

We have a model year 2000 Shabah 180 and noticed there is speaker wire that runs up in the wiring loom on both sides of the bow tucked up with the wiring for the lights.

We can't find where this speaker wiring ends. We have tried to tug a little on the speaker wire to see if it will come out of the loom (it doesn't) and do not want to damage other wiring in the loom.

The boat came from the factory with ony 2 speakers by the drivers and passenger seats. There was wiring for 2 additional speakers that was located by the rear seat on each side and we have added 2 additional speakers utilizing that wiring.

It would be nice to add 2 more speakers in the bow area (for 6 total) if we could use the wiring that appears to be already in the bow?

Is that what this is for and does anyone know where the ends are? Where did the factory install the speakers in the bow (assuming they were offered in the location)

mikeyt 02-04-2009 02:38 AM

Mariah pre-wired all of their boats for speakers in the bow, cockpit and rear seat area and all leads should arrive just behind where your stereo is mounted. Each wire should already be labeled for left/right and +/- and where they go to at that point.

RPOLS3 02-04-2009 12:13 PM

Thanks - we can't find the speaker ends, I assume they are somewhere tucked in the harness??

Where were the speakers located in the bow from the factory on a 180 Shabah?

Gary Black 02-06-2009 01:29 PM

Speaker wires

I have a Mariah 182 and have been asking exactly the same question so thanks, I am planning on a bigger speaker installation and assing an amp in the coming weeks, if the wires are already, this will save some some time completing the job.

Did you manage to find the end of the wires as and when you removed the side panneling? were the wires in the open bow area as well?

Cheers,

Gary

mikeyt 02-06-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPOLS3 (Post 11977)
Thanks - we can't find the speaker ends, I assume they are somewhere tucked in the harness??

Where were the speakers located in the bow from the factory on a 180 Shabah?

I'm not sure where they were positioned on an LE version but the standard 180 didn't have bow speakers. Mariah simply pre-wired the boat in the event you were going to add them. I dont have my boat handy (tis in storage) but i think the speaker ends were hanging in the anchor locker area. They wouldn't have left them tucked into the wiring loom cuz it would be very difficult to find them.

mikeyt 02-06-2009 09:32 PM

The more i think about it the more i think that the speaker wire ends were accessed by lifting the side bow seat up and they were tucked up close to the wiring loom at the top edge of the carpeted area......but it might just be my alzheimer's kickin' in. ;)

RPOLS3 03-06-2009 06:19 PM

Re: Shabah 180 Bow speaker wiring

I will try and see this weekend when I am where the boat is kept, if I remember when I posted the original question I was looking under the front seats and saw the speaker wiring in the harness and it appeared to me that the wiring looped around thr front in the anchor locker area which was confusing to me since I could not locate the ends.

When we added the rear speakers adjacent to the rear seat the ends of the wires where easier to identify and locate.

LHC Kirby 03-14-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 12012)
The more i think about it the more i think that the speaker wire ends were accessed by lifting the side bow seat up and they were tucked up close to the wiring loom at the top edge of the carpeted area......but it might just be my alzheimer's kickin' in. ;)

In my 180 I do remember seeing them up there, but that was a long time ago - and of course when I upgraded to the 245 Mariah it had the speakers in place already.

dmg5606 03-15-2009 06:19 PM

in my 180 shabah mine are hanging out of tha loom under tha front seat

1999Mariah 06-25-2009 02:32 AM

Where are the ends in the rear??:confused: