The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Post Your Winter Storage Photos! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1936-post-your-winter-storage-photos.html)

ShabahZ280 12-09-2008 03:00 PM

Post Your Winter Storage Photos!

5 Attachment(s)
So my winter storage plans fell through and just became way too expensive, so she's staying in the driveway this year.

Here's pics.

And just for the record, if you've ever wondered how well one of those affordable "semi-custom" covers from iBoats fits, you're looking at it. I use 3 poles in the cockpit area, and the area on the bow is just a bunched up mess. It's got many more tiedowns on it now, and looks even worse. Save your money and get a true custom one!!

Everybody else, feel free to post your boat storage pics!

indykoch 12-09-2008 05:27 PM

Well, I didn't take pictures when putting it in storage (it was just too sad:(). But I did do the same and bought an "affordable" cover for it's winter nap. I found it on eBay - a Taylor Made Hot Shot fabric for about $80. I also bought a Taylor Made support kit that would work great (if my boat were about 3 feet shorter). The cover actually looks okay, but it's not trailerable like advertised!! I used every tie down and made it tight, but trailering still made it flap all over the place.

Chris - Did you try checking craigslist.org for a storage location? I found a guy about 45 minutes away with an old, unused factory that was offering storage. He gave me inside storage for only $25 a month - no minimum timeline!! Super nice guy and the location seemed safe (fully fenced), so I did it. Unfortunately, I get a letter in the mail from my neighborhood association if I leave the boat in the driveway for ONE FREAKIN' DAY!!! :mad: No, I'm not bitter!!! :punch_out:

mikeyt 12-09-2008 05:42 PM

Geez Chris......Where's the snow????

ShabahZ280 12-09-2008 07:17 PM

The snow came this past weekend, and I didn't snap any pics! We got about an inch.

Oh yeah, I forgot, mine's supposed to be a trailerable cover too... :rolleyes:

I did check the local craigslist many times, most places around here are $75/month and up, and offer no access for 6 months. Basically you drop it off, they lock it up, and then you can't get to it until April or May. If you need access, the fee goes up even higher, sometimes double. I don't like that. I've got some winter projects I'd like to do, and having access to it is kind of important. Plus there's a comfort thing knowing the boat's just right out the side door. Even if the neighbors don't like it. :p

depman160 12-11-2008 01:38 AM

my new baby!

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I've never even had her in the water yet, but here she is, ready to be unwrapped in the spring like a kid's toy at Christmas!!!

z275st 01-28-2009 09:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here she is in winter hibernation.
We got 12"-14" ice and snow over the last 48hr! I know thats not a lot to the "northern boys", but it is for central IL. Can't wait for summer!:rolleyes:

depman160 01-29-2009 01:19 AM

Yeah, us "northern folk" have had quite an interesting winter so far.
In Pittsburgh, PA, we've had more than a foot of snow, bitter cold temps and bouts of ice and sleet mixed in for the past month.

I checked on my new baby a couple times and the shrink wrap seems to be weathering well, given the conditions!

I know we are all anxiously awaiting the warmer weather to get the boats out and running, but it's driving me insane, since I've not even had the chance to get mine in the water at all yet.

2 OWNER MARIAH 02-01-2009 03:05 PM

Wake up

5 Attachment(s)
Here are my two Mariahs sleeping under the covers. Hope to wake them up soon from their winter nap.Attachment 1359

Attachment 1360

Attachment 1361

Attachment 1362

Attachment 1363

jonlisa97 02-15-2009 05:03 AM

Re: Post Your Winter Storage Photos!

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my pic, can't wait till summer! Oh, and its now in my barn! I couln't put it in with 6 ft snow drifts! All the snow melted the last few days. So its safe and sound now