The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Best add ons to my Mariah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1933-best-add-ons-my-mariah.html)

ckgreenman 12-04-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul F (Post 11347)
I added the filler bow cushions. They were great when the kids were smaller.

Oh ya, That's something I'd like to add as well. I was thinking of taking it one step further and even adding a back rest in the center as well but I don't know how feasible that would be. At a minimum I would like a center filler cushion on the bow.

indykoch 12-04-2008 04:32 PM

I forgot something also... Thanks to Chris - I added the LED lights (except I used blue). They're very bright and make the boat glow at night - one of my favorite additions!

mikeyt 12-05-2008 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnZ202 (Post 11340)
Can you share any more information on the smart tabs?

Hi John

Paul would send you to the Trailer Boats forum for the information but there's plenty of info here on our forum regarding the Smart Tabs. Just use the Search function......or go to their website at www.nauticusinc.com

mikeyt 12-05-2008 03:53 AM

I've swapped over to the LED lights (red ones for the interior so as not to screw up the night vision), i've added Attwood LED docking lights to the bow (great cuz they surface mount & only require a small hole for the wire to pass thru), i installed cup holders with drains & ran drain lines down to the bilge, i installed the SS mid cleats, i've upgraded the cockpit cover to a camper style with the integrated bimini roof at the same time i replaced all of the canvas on the boat, i've upgraded the stereo & speaker system and added a Shakespeare on-glass antenna that gives excellent FM reception, i installed a thru hull depth sounder and i've swapped out the fold down drivers seat for a proper Mariah bucket seat. I tried to use an air ride pedestal but found it had me sitting too high. :(

John Morgan 12-05-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blockp (Post 11339)
haha. Yeah, And I was born with a silver spoon in my backside too :rolling_laugh:

Yes, there's a reason I bought a Mariah Z package boat... cuz they're saaweeeet :wink_thumbup:

I couldn't agree more! However, I did find some stuff to add. I put a small flat panel TV and a 12v plug in the cabin (great for charging the cell phone). I am planning a second battery and moving the battery switch to a more accessible location.

roger 12-06-2008 11:56 AM

Over the years,my big add ons were a full camping encloser,for the cockpit. Then I bought an 8 foot long 4 foot wide,Sand Piper dinghy.I mounted it across the stern , using Weaver Dinghy Davits. I have towed Z276mcc , down to Florida 5 years in a row. My wife and I stayed on the boat at differant marinas,and the boat was pretty comfortable,though things were a little tight. I tow it with a 3/4 ton suburban,and have two bicycles mounted on the frount of the tri-axle trailer.The tow is over 1300 miles one way,as far away as Key Largo-Coral Reef State Park,that also has a marina. We met a lot of other boaters , while living aboard,as we are called-live aboards.

roger 12-06-2008 12:01 PM

:wink_thumbup:

Tom 12-06-2008 12:35 PM

Add-ons

I'm actually amazed that you guys are adding cleats. When I was sailing I don't know if I ever saw a power boater even use them. It must mean that Mariah owners are real boaters!! Nauticus has smart tabs on sale now-check out their website. I just bought some as an early Christmas present.

300sflyer 12-08-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z 202 (Post 11348)
I'm hoping to add more topless women to my boat... :rolling_laugh:

When you say "more" does this mean you already have some now?!?! :)

Please let me know when and where you will be boating in the spring of 2009!:D

ttownmatt 12-10-2008 09:40 PM

Im tring to get the stripper pole figured out, the wife thought it would be a nice add on:wink_thumbup: