The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   How Many Hours This Summer (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1723-how-many-hours-summer.html)

Mark 09-18-2008 05:16 AM

How Many Hours This Summer

Well Now That Summer Is Done How Many Hours Did You Guys Put On The Boats.

John Morgan 09-18-2008 05:19 AM

I put a whopping 21 hours on this summer! I know, I wish I could have done more. There's still a little time in my neck of the woods.

indykoch 09-18-2008 05:42 AM

I'm at about 80 hours this year and plan to keep her in at least another month! I definitely got some use out of it this year.

lomitabob 09-18-2008 04:59 PM

I put in about 70 hours a year but have the advantage that we can boat all year in Southern California:yes_grin:

mikeyt 09-18-2008 07:11 PM

A whole 3 hrs... :(

Mark Anderson 09-18-2008 07:19 PM

How Many Hours???

In southern Ontario this year we have experienced the worst summer of weather in years. I live in Toronto and keep my boat ( in water) at the south end of Lake Simcoe ( Pefferlaw) .We are weekend boaters so the decision to go up to the boat is based on weather conditions.Yes ,it's only a 60mile trip up but if Lake Simcoe is blowing ,my wife and kids really don't enjoy the ride. As a kid 1 remember going out on the roughest days ( by myself,No life jacket) and having a blast with my dad's cedar strip runabout( I eventually cracked the transom).
Back to the hours this year -probably 20 hours ,added up over about 7 trips up.
Best run was from Pefferlaw to Barrie ,about 45 miles each way . Best surprise-we got to Barrie and were starving.There is a HOOTERS right on the waterfront.I was happy to buy lunch ,my two young son's were in heaven!!!

Z 202 09-18-2008 08:14 PM

I probably put 30 hours on clock, but likely spent 3x that just anchored and chillin' :wink_thumbup:

August on the Bruce Peninsula was amazing. Only rained 4x, 2 of which were at night. Couldn't understand why all the folks "down south" were complaining about the crappy weather. :D

il_Mio 09-19-2008 07:40 AM

I have only 6 hours ( 2 trips ) on the clock; spend more time installing add-ons than taking it out to the water due to my workload. Lets hope next season will be better... at least the boat stays new :shakehead:

Cj7 09-22-2008 06:30 PM

94 hours here and still have not seen the whole lake... The season is not over yet I have a couple more months maybe I'll hit 100. :wink_thumbup:

180diablo 09-23-2008 12:52 PM

Random guess for me.

Season started in July due to parts for the carb rebuild to come in. So July to September 21st. July / Aug was wet, handful of times going up there, no big trips this season. Only did one lock through and paid for SIX (that was a waste of about $50-60 that was).. :(

I have loosely jotted down my times, so im just going to guess-timate around 20-30hrs somewhere...?

No hour meter on my boat, so a pen a paper from the time the blower is on to the time ended for that trip for that day (if I remember). Which also would not factor in stopped for an anchor times. Which was also something we didn't really do either.