Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

1998 Z260 110v Electrical Issue

Original Mariah Talk

Old 09-02-2020, 12:39 AM   #1

tbayboater is currently offline
My Year: 1998
My Model: Z260
My Engine: 350 Mag MPI
Gallery Images: 0

Send tbayboater:
a Private Message

Default 1998 Z260 110v Electrical Issue

I just purchased this boat, whenever I plug in the shore power it trips out my homes gfi. My first idea my to bypass the freedom 25 combi /inverter unit...which I did. I show power at the 110v panel, my gfi dosen’t trip anymore but nothing 110v works!
What am I missing here??
Please help!
Thanks, Dwayne
  • Old 09-02-2020, 04:13 PM   #2

tbayboater is currently offline
    My Model: Z260
    My Engine: 350 Mag MPI

Send tbayboater:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 1998 Z260 110v Electrical Issue

Found out I needed to have the inverter/charger breaker on for 110 circuits to work with shore power.
    It looks like the Combo unit was tripping my house gfi’s. So at this point buying a separate 3 bank battery charger and taking out the Heart Combo Unit.
    Anybody have any suggestions?
    Anybody have a wiring diagram for these boats?
    Dwayne
    Old 09-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #3

Hudson River Steve is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo3
    Gallery Images: 5

Send Hudson River Steve:
    a Private Message

There is no real wiring diagram available for any of our boats. I wonder what is wrong with your inverter? I have have had one on my Z280 since 1999 without any issue. Then again, I do not remember ever connecting it to a GFCI outlet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Old 09-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #4

460racer is currently offline
    My Model: 242 shabah
    My Engine: 7.4 stolen Bravo 3

Send 460racer:
    a Private Message

I am very disappointed to learn that there are no wiring diagrams for any of our boats. I don't know what the club's relationship is with the manufacturer but Mariah certainly had and used them in the manufacturing process and they had to have given appropriate information to the company that made the wiring harnesses. I would like to know if Mariah used the Standard Boat Wiring Color Codes? Otherwise, I know there are generic wiring diagrams available for Mercruiser and others for the driveline part of our boats. Has anyone in authority of our club made any attempt to obtain information from any of those or other possible sources? Mariah used lots of parts from other manufacturers in the construction of our boats. When a fixture in my boat needs to be replaced it would be great to know who the manufacturer of that part is so I don't have to go to the local marine dealer and get a generic part and drill new holes to make it work. Oh well, I suppose if I bought a new boat I wouldn't have these problems.

Last edited by 460racer; 09-17-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    Old 09-18-2020, 01:06 AM   #5

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

If you want to complain about what this site offers, take it up with the 2 Admin / Owners of this site who haven't been here in over a year now. Mariah has been out of business for almost 20 yrs and the Admins got everything they could get their hands on thru the owner of Mariah Boats when they started this site back in 2007 and then later thru some donated information provided by ex-Mariah employees. Note that the owner (Jimmy Fulks) passed away back in 2008 so we cant go back to him again....

You are a 'Contributing' member of this site so you have access to all of the manuals and documentation available. Have a look thru the "Original Mariah Manuals and Supplements" section and I believe you will find a set of Mariah's generic wiring diagrams there. And yes, they adhered to the Standard Marine wiring colors.

And while you are at it, have a look at the STICKY in the Mariah Parts for Sale & Wanted section entitled "Original Mariah Parts & Vendors List" .

Last edited by mikeyt; 09-18-2020 at 01:10 AM.
    Old 09-18-2020, 03:17 AM   #6

460racer is currently offline
    My Model: 242 shabah
    My Engine: 7.4 stolen Bravo 3

Send 460racer:
    a Private Message

mikeyt, i'm very sorry that I vented without regard to the effort others have made to do the best they could with the resources available to them. I apologize to you and anyone else I have offended. If you or anyone else in the club has the ability to delete my post I will not object. I searched the forum for wiring information and noticed what seemed to me to be a lot of questions on the subject with very little information until I saw Hudson River Steve's post. Please consider this suggestion that may help some Mariah owners the trouble of a frustrating search for wiring information: It might be helpful if someone would start a thread titled: Mariah Wiring Diagram, Schematic, and post: "There are no wiring diagrams for our boats except Mariah did follow Standard Boat Wiring Color Codes that can be found on Google. if you are a 'Contributing' member of this site you have access to all of the manuals and documentation available. Have a look thru the "Original Mariah Manuals and Supplements" section and I believe you will find a set of Mariah's generic wiring diagrams there.
    Old 09-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #7

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

No offense taken! The only two individuals who can make the changes you suggest are the two Admin guys and neither stop by here anymore. It appears that contributing (paying) members are keeping the site from shutting down but it is currently running on its own and being kept alive by the few active members still posting. You're going to have to live with what is here and how it is organized. I would suggest that when you find a manual / wiring diagram etc that you could use in the future, you should download it asap.