The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Windshield 302Z info (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/12288-windshield-302z-info.html)

Styner 04-16-2019 07:47 PM

Windshield 302Z info

I have a 2001 Mariah Shabah 302Z
Trying to find part number for windshield, curved starboard
side of mine broke. Contacted Taylor and they need number
On frame work to identify the glass. Mine is missing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

mikeyt 04-17-2019 02:30 AM

Re: Windshield 302Z info

You and many others ask that question on a regular basis. That sticker was allegedly mounted either on the lower portion of the inside of the window frame or within the window frame itself. Most of us either didn't get a sticker or they fell off long ago. And last i heard was that Taylor Made didn't have any windshield molds for Mariahs newer than '98. One member here a few yrs back contacted a company down in Florida who said they could make him a new section of glass and he was quoted $5k. Ebay, Craiglist, a boat wrecking yard, the 'Parts Wanted" forum here or find someone parting out a destroyed 302 may be your only hope.

Edit: There was a member here about 5-6 yrs ago who had a Z302 windshield for sale in this thread. Not sure if he is still around but you could send him a Private Message.

woodward33 09-10-2019 11:50 PM

Mikey,

Do you have any idea who the company in FLA was that would do the custom glass?

mikeyt 09-11-2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodward33 (Post 66269)
Mikey,

Do you have any idea who the company in FLA was that would do the custom glass?

If i remember correctly it was "Ocean Dynamics" located in Miami.

I also remember a company called "Pacific Coast Marine Windshields" located in Delta, British Columbia

And then there is "Great Lakes Skipper". Sometimes they actually have original glass for Mariahs but, if not, other brands they sell may fit your boat also.

elrack 09-11-2019 12:15 PM

I've done some research on this in case my glass ever breaks. It appears that the same glass was used on the Z275st (what I own) and I think the 27' bow rider is the same too. this glass is in Taylor's croscurve line and in particular is bi-axially curved. they also have croscurve glass that only curves on one axis. I have never seen another boat with this glass and I am not sure if Taylor makes it anymore. I contacted my insurance company about this and they told me if my glass breaks they will total the boat.

mikeyt 09-11-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elrack (Post 66271)
I've done some research on this in case my glass ever breaks. It appears that the same glass was used on the Z275st (what I own) and I think the 27' bow rider is the same too. this glass is in Taylor's croscurve line and in particular is bi-axially curved. they also have croscurve glass that only curves on one axis. I have never seen another boat with this glass and I am not sure if Taylor makes it anymore. I contacted my insurance company about this and they told me if my glass breaks they will total the boat.

I come from an insurance claims background and it seems a bit premature (and ridiculous) to make the claim that they will simply total the boat if your glass breaks. That sounds much like totaling someones car when their expensive stereo system is stolen. There ARE options out there and they have to weigh the cost of those options vs the value of the boat less any salvage value it may have. It is also possible that Taylor Made still has the mold for your windshield.

Another company that is into specialty curved marine windshields is "ProCurve Glass Design" in Pennsylvania.

woodward33 09-11-2019 01:59 PM

I appreciate your help, guys. In my case the "curved" glass is actually okay. The piece that broke is the port side glass. It's flat (not curved) but is cut a certain way obviously. Bigger issue is that the top frame on that side is bent significantly -- perhaps past the point of straightening. I am going to scour the salvage yards and will talk to Taylor Made. If you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know. TIA.