Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Left windshield part number on 2000 182 Shabah needed

Original Mariah Talk

Old 07-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #1

mgs531 is currently offline
My Year: 2000
Gallery Images: 0

Send mgs531:
a Private Message

Default Left windshield part number on 2000 182 Shabah needed

I am hoping that someone can help me locate the Taylor Made windshield part number for a 2000 Mariah 182 Shabah...

Our wonderful boat that has been lovingly cared for and that has consistently provided outstanding performance for 18 years has suffered a mishap that I hope it will be able to recover from... While on its most recent outing the left (passenger's side) windshield got jostled out of place. This had happened one other time before and I was able to remove a few screws and place it back into position. This time, however, apparently while attempting to reposition the windshield too much force was applied and it disintegrated into a zillion small fragments of safety glass

I have accessed the Taylor Made website at "http://boatwindshieldrepair.com/windshield-damage/" to inquire if they will be able to replace this windshield for me, but the form requires a windshield part number be submitted, and I cannot find this information anywhere on the remaining windshield pieces or in the owner's manual.

If anyone knows this information, or can point me in the right direction to find it, our entire family will be extremely grateful. Or if anyone knows where else I can obtain this left windshield for a 2000 Mariah 182 Shabah, that would be wonderful as well.

Thank you,
Mark Skinner
[email protected]
  • Old 07-26-2018, 02:02 AM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Left windshield part number on 2000 182 Shabah needed

This question / request gets asked frequently. Taylor Made advised previously that they did not have the molds for the later original Mariahs and that they only had a few molds for the earlier Mariahs ones up to '98. IF there is a number it should have been inside the window track. Your only other hope is to find someone parting out their 180/182/190, spending $$$$ on having a new windshield fabricated or having one fabricated out of acrylic at a much lower cost.
    Old 07-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #3

Bill Matwijec is currently offline
    My Model: 202
    My Engine: 350 merc

Send Bill Matwijec:
    a Private Message

I have a 2000 mariah . I needed the rt windshield for it . I called the factory in Gloversville NY and they were able to get me one. I didn't have a part number. Sorry I don't have the phone number but I hope this helps Wasn't cheap
    Old 07-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #4

Find me on the Map

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bill Matwijec View Post
    I have a 2000 mariah . I needed the rt windshield for it . I called the factory in Gloversville NY and they were able to get me one. I didn't have a part number. Sorry I don't have the phone number but I hope this helps Wasn't cheap
    How long ago did you do this? By 'wasn't cheap' what kind of $$ did you pay?
    Old 07-26-2018, 08:42 PM   #5

Bill Matwijec is currently offline
    My Model: 202
    My Engine: 350 merc

Send Bill Matwijec:
    a Private Message

Sorry should have just said. It was last summer. They were extremely helpful It was 650. I live fairly close so I picked it up so no shipping costs. Good luck. Actually I guess it wasn’t really that expensive
    Old 07-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #6

Send mgs531:
    a Private Message

Thank youi very much for the responses -

Bill, is your 2000 Mariah a 182 model like mine? That would be really promising if it is...

Here is the response I got back from submitting the online form referenced in my original post:

Mark,

Thank you for your inquiry. Taylor Made is a windshield manufacturer only and we do not reference the boat description. In order to check availability of the windshield, we will need additional information to research.

If the glass on the windshield panels say "TAYLOR" then you will need to locate the "TAYLOR MADE" windshield serial number. The serial number is a 6-digit part number on the bottom aluminum frame of the windshield. If you are sitting in the passenger’s seat of the boat, the serial number will be located on the bottom aluminum frame.

With the serial number, we can check availability of the port front glass.

Thanks,
    Andy Coco
    Custom Sales
    Taylor Made
    Ph # 518-773-9433
    Fax # 518-773-9374
    [email protected]

So it looks like I will need to keep searching for that serial number if I am going to make any further progress...
    Old 07-27-2018, 09:28 PM   #7

Find me on the Map

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgs531 View Post
    Thank youi very much for the responses -

Bill, is your 2000 Mariah a 182 model like mine? That would be really promising if it is...

Here is the response I got back from submitting the online form referenced in my original post:

Mark,

Thank you for your inquiry. Taylor Made is a windshield manufacturer only and we do not reference the boat description. In order to check availability of the windshield, we will need additional information to research.

If the glass on the windshield panels say "TAYLOR" then you will need to locate the "TAYLOR MADE" windshield serial number. The serial number is a 6-digit part number on the bottom aluminum frame of the windshield. If you are sitting in the passenger’s seat of the boat, the serial number will be located on the bottom aluminum frame.

With the serial number, we can check availability of the port front glass.

Thanks,
    Andy Coco
    Custom Sales
    Taylor Made
    Ph # 518-773-9433
    Fax # 518-773-9374
    [email protected]

So it looks like I will need to keep searching for that serial number if I am going to make any further progress...
    Bill's is a 202 (see those dots under his name? Click on the middle one) . Previously many members have searched for that sticker with the part number in vain (i know i did with my 180) but some members found it sitting inside the windshield frame where the glass sits. Best of luck...
    Thank you mikeyt for this useful post!
    mgs531 (02-14-2019)
    Old 01-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #8

Send mgs531:
    a Private Message

Here it is a year and a half later, and I still am searching for a replacement left-side (port) windshield for my 2000 Mariah Shabah 182...

One thing that has possibly hampered me in my search is that I was under the impression that the windshield manufacturer was Taylor Made. However, in looking at the windshield again last week, I see a "Water Bonnet" logo on the starboard-side glass... This is the original windshield that came with the boat when I bought it in late 1999.

According to information I found on Taylor Made's website, Water Bonnet Manufacturing wasn't acquired by Taylor Made until 2005, so it appears to me that I've been trying to find a replacement windshield from the wrong company... MAYBE Water Bonnet hid windshield serial numbers in some other location?? Grasping at straws, I know, but maybe clearing this up will help me in my search for the replacement windshield piece I need. I will check again with Taylor Made and see what they can tell me as well.

Thank you,
    Mark Skinner
    [email protected]