The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   THRU HULL EXHAUST for a 218 Shabah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1181-thru-hull-exhaust-218-shabah.html)

JENZO 05-27-2008 05:50 PM

THRU HULL EXHAUST for a 218 Shabah

Hi Guys
Has anybody got any info on a thru hull exhaust kit and fitting for my 2001 218 shabah with a 5.0 mpi mercruiser (engine 2007) as I would like to fit one and revel in the true v8 sound.
thanks.

indykoch 05-27-2008 06:25 PM

Jenzo,

Corsa supplied the diverters and tips for the original Mariah as well as the current. You can try calling/emailing them to see what they have.

I tried this a while back, but thought it was too expensive at the time. You can see what they said I'd need for a Z212 Shabah (I don't know what your's would require) by clicking here

If I remember correctly... I think it was around $1100 or $1200 just for parts.

ShabahZ280 05-27-2008 06:43 PM

Yep, then figure in about 700 for labor, unless you're willing to do it yourself... But something about drilling a 4" diameter hole in the transom of the boat near the waterline sounds like it'd be best left to the professionals.

My advice? Keep it in the back of your head so when you upgrade to your next boat, you'll have a better idea of what you're looking for, and get EXACTLY what you want!

ps- I've heard the small block V8's don't sound anywhere near the big blocks, i've actually read a few complaints from people that weren't satisfied with the way it sounded, and they had 350's...

z275st 05-27-2008 07:07 PM

I have silent choice and my wife and kids hate it! I use it all of about five minutes during a boating season! I would put the money to better use. You have a Mariah so your boat will look good to everyone!:wink_thumbup: But, not everyone thinks a loud boat is appealing!
Just my two-cents.

mkasch 05-27-2008 08:42 PM

Tru Hull Exhaust

I have a shabah 198se with the 350 and it sounds great, just had it out on saturday and turned alot of heads.. Dark green with gold stripes.

dwmax 05-28-2008 03:20 PM

I have the through hull exhaust on my shabah with a msall block 350 mag and it sounds great. I am always getting compliments on how good my boat sounds every time I take it out. I also have captains call silent choice where you can push a button and make it pretty quiet if you want to talk or hear anything.:rolling_laugh::rolling_laugh:

ShabahZ280 05-28-2008 07:47 PM

Just to clear it up, I wasn't putting anyone's boat down...

I was just saying I had read some complaints and disappointed letters from members of another forum about the setup for the small block V8's.

To each his own. But Mariah's choice to equip the boats with Captain's Call exhaust is probably the best, as it gives the user the ability to switch it on and off. Many marinas around me have muffler laws, and will turn you away if you're making too much noise. Not a problem with Captain's Call, just flip the switch!

dwmax 05-28-2008 08:49 PM

I didnt think that you were putting anyones boat down. I was just giving my input as to the compliments that I get and that I love it aswell. :wink_thumbup:

z275st 05-28-2008 10:53 PM

Yes, the Captain's Call switch is nice. I seem to bump it when a boat full of babes go buy and the wife is not on board!;) And some how it makes your gut suck in and your chest push out!:yes_grin:

WetWilly 05-29-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z275st (Post 7289)
Yes, the Captain's Call switch is nice. I seem to bump it when a boat full of babes go buy and the wife is not on board!;) And some how it makes your gut suck in and your chest push out!:yes_grin:

Well when you get to our age or was it size??? Anyway, the only thing all that gut sucking does is give us "Man BooBs"! :eek_animated:

WetWilly :shakehead: