The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Identity Crisis? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/118-identity-crisis.html)

215Talari 07-20-2007 06:32 PM

Identity Crisis?

Okay, maybe not a crisis. I have a 1996 Mariah 215 Talari cuddy cruiser. The interesting part is that my coast gaurd plate states is a Davanti. Which is it?

Thanks all

180diablo 07-21-2007 03:56 AM

Hmm, well I wouldnt consider myself a pro at distinguishing older Mariah models since I'am relatively new to them myself. However, I bet if you were to post a few pictures on here, im sure someone should be able to distinguish what type of boat you may have.

MariahMan 07-21-2007 04:58 AM

Definetely attach some pics to this thread and we'll try to help you out. What makes you think that the boat is a Talari? Do you have anything on the boat that says "Talari" or were you just told it was a Talari when you bought it?

215Talari 07-21-2007 04:42 PM

It says Talari on the sides of my boat in about a 400 font. ;)

If I could figure out how to post some pics, I'd be all over it.

MariahMan 07-24-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 215Talari (Post 267)
It says Talari on the sides of my boat in about a 400 font. ;)

haha yeah that would definitely give it away, lol. You should be able to click "manage attachments" under your reply and select your images from your computer to upload. Let me know if you have any problems doing so and i'll straighten it out asap.

215Talari 07-24-2007 06:33 PM

I think I may have done this correctly

2 Attachment(s)
This was in April of this year, the second week that the ice was off the lakes.

indykoch 07-24-2007 07:33 PM

I believe the Davanti "turned into" the Talari between '95 and '96. They probably had plates leftover from the previous year, and since they were technically the same boat, USCG either let them get by with it or they were never notified (as in... what they don't know won't hurt them).

harry van kesteren 08-09-2007 06:32 AM

mariah picts

3 Attachment(s)
hello, here some picts of my boat. hope you like them. greetz from holland

moondance100 08-09-2007 10:26 AM

Good looking boat Harry! These Mariahs are kinda rare over here, I bet that boat is a real oddity over there!

Back to the thread....I have a 95 Talari Z240...no Davanti on it anywhere....

indykoch 08-09-2007 12:39 PM

Doug,

After looking at the NADA guide, I believe they changed the name from Davanti to Talari over a matter of 2 or 3 years, depending on the model (length). I think yours was one that changed in '94 or '95.

Of course, NADA isn't the most accurate thing, but I believe it's right for this situation.

I work for a lighting company, and we have strict UL guidelines to meet. One thing we've "squeezed" out was a "special" fixture with the standard fixture's UL label. I'm thinking the same thing happened with 215Talari. They had these darn plates laying around (that they probably already paid the USCG a fee for) and wanted to save a little money and use them up.

Quite a confusing deal never the less...