The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   95 mariah z240 rear hatch (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/11493-95-mariah-z240-rear-hatch.html)

brandon baker 05-31-2017 01:31 AM

95 mariah z240 rear hatch

4 Attachment(s)
hello everyone. I just recently bought a 1995 mariah talari z240 im trying to to bring back from the dead, I just finished rebuilding a 350 and installed it it and now im on to repairing the wiring and interior panels. my trouble is that someone striped all the hardware from the rear hatch and engine compartment. I have the rear hatch, hatch foam, hatch vinyl covering,and fiberglass panel, and rear seat tops but none of it is assembled, im wondering if anyone has some close up pictures of the engine compartment, hatch, where the hatch rests on the sides, and how the front of the hatch is made to accept the rear seat tops. also it seams like there should be two sides that run along side the engine to box it in, and also are the seat backs angled? if so how much?

Thanks!

Firestone 06-01-2017 03:19 AM

Re: 95 mariah z240 rear hatch

Wow cool project! Hopefully you can get some Z240 pictures if not I can take some of my Z202. You might try on the Mariah Owners Facebook page as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bdbyrnes 06-03-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon baker (Post 62420)
hello everyone. I just recently bought a 1995 mariah talari z240 im trying to to bring back from the dead, I just finished rebuilding a 350 and installed it it and now im on to repairing the wiring and interior panels. my trouble is that someone striped all the hardware from the rear hatch and engine compartment. I have the rear hatch, hatch foam, hatch vinyl covering,and fiberglass panel, and rear seat tops but none of it is assembled, im wondering if anyone has some close up pictures of the engine compartment, hatch, where the hatch rests on the sides, and how the front of the hatch is made to accept the rear seat tops. also it seams like there should be two sides that run along side the engine to box it in, and also are the seat backs angled? if so how much?

Thanks!

Brandon-

I have a 1995 z240 and can take photos of everything. We have had it since 2001 so I can also likely answer questions about the wiring etc. Please PM me and I will put all the photos in a dropbox for you.

Thanks! Brent

GaryDoug 06-04-2017 01:24 AM

I'm sure Brent can answer it all. But don't think that you necessarily have to finish it as it was from the factory. My Z202 does not have the engine enclosed from the factory other than the cover behind the seats, and I am glad for that because it leaves a lot more room for servicing.

bdbyrnes 06-04-2017 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryDoug (Post 62482)
I'm sure Brent can answer it all. But don't think that you necessarily have to finish it as it was from the factory. My Z202 does not have the engine enclosed from the factory other than the cover behind the seats, and I am glad for that because it leaves a lot more room for servicing.

It turns out that there are helpful photos in my gallery from 2008-2009.

The Mariah Owners Club - Gallery - Engine Lights
The Mariah Owners Club - Gallery - Engine Lights
The Mariah Owners Club - Gallery - Sundeck Cover
The Mariah Owners Club - Gallery - New Sundeck cover

Let me know if you would like other angles, closeups or measurements. As you can see from the photos there are pieces of 1x for the hatch cover to rest on and on your photos the screw holes are there. These 1x are carpeted. My engine compartment has separators running parallel to the carpeted edge on both sides and their are stainless screws allowing them both to be removed for engine access. The inside of the separators have Dynamat type material.

The headrests are mounted to the hatch cover and come down flush to the seat you have pictured.

Moondance has good photos that show a few details also.