The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Power lift hatch (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/10665-power-lift-hatch.html)

opz252 03-25-2016 02:41 PM

Power lift hatch

New Mariah owner here and new to the site.

I have a question about my power lift hatch. The boat is a 97 252z and the guy I bought it from had the power hatch disconnected when I bought it. He just used a prop rod instead. I went ahead and hooked it back up and it works, but it does not close all the way down on the side of the power lift rod? It's like something is too long or maybe it just stops before it should?

Is there a way to adjust the stop on the power lift so that it will close tight?

Thanks!

Mike

doaclnr 04-05-2016 01:43 AM

Re: Power lift hatch

Just spit ballin but you could measure the gap and move the mount down depending on where its mounted.

jayws6 04-05-2016 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opz252 (Post 58458)
New Mariah owner here and new to the site.

I have a question about my power lift hatch. The boat is a 97 252z and the guy I bought it from had the power hatch disconnected when I bought it. He just used a prop rod instead. I went ahead and hooked it back up and it works, but it does not close all the way down on the side of the power lift rod? It's like something is too long or maybe it just stops before it should?

Is there a way to adjust the stop on the power lift so that it will close tight?

Thanks!

Mike

Not sure if your hatch lift actuator is the same as mine on my Z255 but I have an Acculift MQ347 and it measures 18.25" closed and 30.25" fully extended, between pin centres. My floor mounted bracket looks like a small square tube inside of a slightly larger square tube, allowing the tubes to telescope like an automotive power antenna. Is it possible your lower mount is stuck in a raised position? Just a thought. Are there multiple screw holes around either the upper or lower mount that would suggest it has been moved at one time or another? Perhaps it was moved to a position that doesn't allow it full travel.

Easiest solution could be to move the mount, as suggested. Best of luck.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

opz252 04-05-2016 10:52 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, it appears to be all in the stock location and is exactly as you discribe. I'm going back to my boat this week and I'll try and see if there could be anything blocking the bottom of the square tube causing it to not go down all the way. There has to be an explanation because I'm sure it worked correctly at one time. Like I said, it goes up and down, just stops before its all the way closed, maybe an inch or so is all, but that's enough for it to be cockeyed and have a gap.

It also looks as if it could use some support on the opposite side as it seems to lift the engine hatch crooked?

jayws6 04-05-2016 11:28 PM

The crooked sun pad always bugged me as well. Mine was pretty bad and I didn't realize the issue for me was water logged plywood inside the sun pad until the top actuator bracket pulled itself loose one day. After replacing the plywood, it is much better but still a bit crooked.

Good luck with the actuator travel. Hopefully it is an easy fix. It's a handy feature to have and always seems to impress the friends that come aboard! :)

opz252 04-08-2016 06:48 PM

Well here's the update, I moved the bracket on the sunpad 1" and it's perfect now...there were no old holes and every single part appears as if was from the factory so I don't have a clue why it was 1" out, but 2 minutes with a screw gun fixed it. And you can't even see the one old hole that was left when I moved the bracket.:wink_thumbup:

jayws6 04-08-2016 06:54 PM

Perfect! Glad it worked out and was an easy fix! Bring on summer!