The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Top speed (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/10657-top-speed.html)

jjt1276 06-09-2018 03:07 AM

Re: Top speed

Update...two years later! Finally got around to getting the 60lb actuators for the smart tabs SX. I am running hole 3 and this seems perfect for light to mid loaded boat (Shabah 202 5.0 Merc). Prop is a 14x19 four blade. Top speed is mid to low 40’s depending on load. Not super concerned with top speed, we live on a smaller lake and we use the boat for water sports and lower speed cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

globa1950 01-26-2021 01:10 AM

hi guys. please help. i need advice
i have 2 propellers but i would like to remove one and to try ride the boat with one.
is it safe? will it not harm engine itself? I have mercruiser bravo 3.
also if i remove one propeller- will it be okey for that metal beam that is sticking out from the lower unit( propeller holder)

Motoxxx43 01-26-2021 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globa1950 (Post 68195)
hi guys. please help. i need advice
i have 2 propellers but i would like to remove one and to try ride the boat with one.
is it safe? will it not harm engine itself? I have mercruiser bravo 3.
also if i remove one propeller- will it be okey for that metal beam that is sticking out from the lower unit( propeller holder)

Im going to start off with this is a horrible idea. Not that someone somewhere has not done it, maybe in a pinch? Those are very expensive units to play with. Check the used prices on eBay.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Less efficiency? Less maneuverability? Higher top speed? The B3 is more efficient and maneuverable than a single prop. Small price to pay for a few mph off your top speed.

Also, this might get more responses in "prop talk"

globa1950 01-26-2021 12:55 PM

I noticed when i go full speed and bring up my trim for better smoother sail and fast speed,. Outer propeller comes out of water and doest allow for trim to be up as much. So basically i can hear it spinning out of water. So I wanted to know if I remove outer propeller- in order for plane speed trim up performance.

mikeyt 01-26-2021 05:59 PM

Where do people come up with these ideas? :shakehead:

No, its not a good idea to remove one of the props on a Bravo 3 outdrive. The outdrive was designed to be efficient & balanced with 2 props operating at the same time. If you are that worried about driving at top speed, switch out the outdrive for a Bravo 1 or install a pair of Smart Tabs which provides some lift to the stern and will allow you to keep the outdrive trimmed down a bit.

Motoxxx43 01-26-2021 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by globa1950 (Post 68198)
I noticed when i go full speed and bring up my trim for better smoother sail and fast speed,. Outer propeller comes out of water and doest allow for trim to be up as much. So basically i can hear it spinning out of water. So I wanted to know if I remove outer propeller- in order for plane speed trim up performance.

How exactly are you trimming the outdrive up? I know that might sound silly but if you are trimming up with the trailer (square button) it will allow your trim to go up to trailer height. If you are using the actual trim toggle the outdrive should not be running with the rear prop that high. Basically the trim limit switch allows you to operate the drive in a certain range without the trim coming up too high.

You may also want to have a look at the spacer where the rams mount to the outdrive.

globa1950 01-31-2021 11:12 PM

not with a trailer. out in the water. im used to bravo 1 . with 2 propellers(bravo 3) - icant jack up the trim up as much.