The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Sad News for Mariah Owners (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1035-sad-news-mariah-owners.html)

2 OWNER MARIAH 05-26-2008 11:12 PM

:wink_thumbup:

Thanks for your reply Jason. Your Dad has given all of us here countless memories with our familys on the Mariahs your Dad designed.

I am sure you will miss him, but what I have seen and read, your Dad was truely a guy that was respected dearly in this Mariah community.

Keep in touch with us.

2 OWNER MARIAH

moondance100 05-28-2008 12:45 AM

Jason, I think I speak for most all of us when I say we are honored by your response and prescence here.

I would like to know anything you cared to share about your dad. Like, what did he do prior to starting Mariah? He must have just been in his 30's when he started Mariah. What a brave and scary step that must have been for him! What gave him the impetus and desire to embark on such a venture?

I can't give you any of your dad time back you lost to these wonderful boats, but I can tell you this, you'd be welcome to be on my Mariah on Lake Shelbyville anytime you want.

Thank you

MariahMan 05-28-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moondance100 (Post 7229)

I would like to know anything you cared to share about your dad. Like, what did he do prior to starting Mariah? He must have just been in his 30's when he started Mariah. What a brave and scary step that must have been for him! What gave him the impetus and desire to embark on such a venture?

Chris and I are putting the finishing touches on a document that will answer these questions and more! Keep an eye on the "Mariah Boats Inc and Jimmy Fulks Biography" section for that in the next couple days.

ShabahZ280 05-28-2008 07:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I figured since we were all a part of this, I'd share the thank you card I received from the Fulks family.

Photos attached.

efo 09-18-2008 01:54 AM

Sad News

I'm sorry to see this post. It is truly amazing though that this mans creation has such a dedicated following.

I am an engineer and frankly a detail freak, so when I first saw and inspected my 1996 Shabah 210 prior to purchase I was certainly impressed. The attention to detail was incredible and honestly the boat was dirty but not hurt. A couple of hours of cleaning and all of the original dressings appeared as new(a testiment to the quality). I recieved many comments from friends and family asking "how old is this boat?" When I told them it's a 1996, the comments were all the same. "It looks better than most boats that are one year old".

Unfortunately I sold the boat to purchase a Z302 that fell through so now I'm looking again. (For an original Mariah of course! z250 if anyone has one for sale)

To the Admin Guys, my hats off to you both fora job very well done. To Jimmy, your legacy will certainly live on, to his family I'm sorry for your loss.

Efo...

Edward 10-08-2008 03:44 PM

Condolences to the family of Jimmy, it's sad and much to jong. R.I.P. Jimmy

mkasch 11-28-2008 06:55 PM

That is terrible news, sorry I have been oof the site for awhile. I went through a separation with the girlfriend and yes I kept my Mariah 198se Shabah. I have done so much work on this beauty, I get excited when someone mentions the word summer. Enough of that, may god bless his family and Thank you for continuing your relationship with Mariah's Boat Club. Yours Truly Theluzz{Mike Luzzi}

markkearns 12-31-2008 04:50 AM

Carpe Diem

I lost my father this past Thanksgiving Day. Moments like this can give you pause for thought. Time on the water can give you this opportunity.

deaniro1 06-08-2009 01:30 AM

Re: Sad News for Mariah Owners

Im very sad to hear of his passing. I, my sister, my brother, niece, brother in law all worked at the Benton plant back in the early 90's. Im so sorry. Very friendly and caring owner. You didnt see that back then and certainly not today in the factory world.