The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Mariah z276 MCC Shabah / ACC buttons? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/10102-mariah-z276-mcc-shabah-acc-buttons.html)

Rolf Baumann 05-02-2015 08:24 PM

Mariah z276 MCC Shabah / ACC buttons?

Hello

My Mariah z276 MCC Shabah (year 1998) has 4 "ACC"-buttons on the dashboard. What is their exact function? I've bought the boat recently and I have only an non-complet owner-manual...

Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Rolf

ShabahZ280 05-04-2015 08:10 PM

Re: Mariah z276 MCC Shabah / ACC buttons?

They could be anything. ACC switches are "Accessories", and were wired with power, but most of the time they never went to anything, as it would allow the buyer to hook up their choice of electronics, lighting, stereo, etc. If you go in the head in the cabin, you can remove the small padded panel and gain access to everything behind the dash. From there you can just trace the wires to see what they're hooked to (if anything)...

tpdtopcop 05-04-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ280 (Post 56423)
They could be anything. ACC switches are "Accessories", and were wired with power, but most of the time they never went to anything, as it would allow the buyer to hook up their choice of electronics, lighting, stereo, etc. If you go in the head in the cabin, you can remove the small padded panel and gain access to everything behind the dash. From there you can just trace the wires to see what they're hooked to (if anything)...

So if I read correctly if they are not hooked up to anything one could use them for say like gps plotter or something else?

ShabahZ280 05-06-2015 02:42 PM

Yes, if they are not currently connected to something else, you can use these to power gps, plotter, fishfinder, radar, vhf radio, additional lights, stereo amplifier, additional power outlets, or any other 12v powered object.

Shabah203 05-06-2015 04:52 PM

I've got one that controls the power to the depth gauge. The other is a spare.

tpdtopcop 05-07-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ280 (Post 56446)
Yes, if they are not currently connected to something else, you can use these to power gps, plotter, fishfinder, radar, vhf radio, additional lights, stereo amplifier, additional power outlets, or any other 12v powered object.

Great thanks

Brentc 07-05-2015 04:43 PM

does anybody knowv what the black display is top center of dash it is 1-1/2 tall x 3 inches long. Is this a clock or message display? I bought boat a month ago and can't find any info.
this is on 1996 Z252 454 BravoIII

Hudson River Steve 07-06-2015 12:34 PM

If it has a reset button on it then it would be a trip odometer that is run by a paddle wheel mounted on the transom.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk