The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Swin Platform, Gel Coat Match (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/10078-swin-platform-gel-coat-match.html)

baholtz 04-23-2015 06:30 PM

Swin Platform, Gel Coat Match

4 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

Love this forum, hoping you guys can help me out. I'm custom ordering a swim platform for the back of my 1998 202Z. They sent me some samples to pick from but I've got this uneasy feeling.

My mom always named everything, so we named the boat Ruby. I'm fairly certain her last name was Frost, both denoting her colors. But I'm having a hard time finding if the Frost color was applicable to my model. I've got a one color gel coat and all my accents are stickers. My confusion is that the samples sent for the swim deck guys are noted as "Mariah Pearl" as the closest match but I know there was a Frost color out there at some point.

Thanks for your help.
Attachment 5972

Attachment 5973

Attachment 5974

Attachment 5975

Motoxxx43 04-25-2015 03:38 AM

Re: Swin Platform, Gel Coat Match

Being in Wyoming Im going to assume you are using Rocky Mountain Marine aka swimplatformsuperstore.com who is located in Denver. I went through them last Feb. They sent samples and I didnt not like them. I took in the anchor hatch for a color match which is when we discovered the Mariah Pearl is in fact the best match (at least for my 2000 Shabah). Keep in mind these gelcoats are around 15 years old now and colors fade. My platform looks great and the color match is close enough no one would notice unless I made it obvious.

baholtz 04-25-2015 04:16 AM

Exactly. I didn't like any of them either...
Thanks for the input! I ordered it today just guessing on the pearl

baholtz 04-26-2015 06:39 PM

Moto, What did you go with for size? I'm hoping for the 70"x(24-30"). Hopefully 30"

Motoxxx43 04-26-2015 06:45 PM

I went with the 80 wide and 28" long. I don't recall the max length possible but I told them I want it as big as possible. They talked me out of that on the account it might look silly on my boat. 28" is perfect in retrospect. Even at that length I have had to change how I handle it in the marina in regards to the dock, turning radius and how the rear pivots.
I mounted mine with the help of my brother and dad. We did it in an afternoon taking our time.

baholtz 05-21-2015 02:45 AM

I pick mine up Friday!

fdheil 06-19-2015 05:12 AM

So where did you order your platform from? What was the cost? I would love to see some pictures. I have a Ruby red 1995 21ft talari.

baholtz 06-19-2015 06:03 AM

Rocky Mountain marine aka swimplatformsuperstore.com I just finished my install. I'm hoping to do a writeup on it at some point.
Cost was about $1k
I'm pretty excited to get her out on the lake this weekend! I'll get some pictures up soon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

baholtz 07-01-2015 10:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So here it is... Gel coat colors were very close. I picked the pearl...
Attachment 6168

Attachment 6169

Attachment 6170

Total damage was $1,030 and I picked it up in Denver. It wasn't hard to put on, just time consuming. The fit was good to start with but they drilled holes to close to the back so I ended up cutting 3/4" off the entire back. Alot of dremel time and sanding. If I had to do it again I would have just brought them my boat and paid the extra $300. Reveal wasn't great so I siliconed the joint...I think it looks okay. Are there things I would have done different? Oh yes....but now it's done and I'm happy.

Motoxxx43 07-02-2015 06:24 PM

Looks good! You will enjoy the extra room!