The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   wake Tower on 96 210 Shabah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/1006-wake-tower-96-210-shabah.html)

jktbea 04-22-2008 04:12 PM

wake Tower on 96 210 Shabah

Has anyone had any experience with aerial or monster towers? They say they are universal so Im wondering if they would fit properly.I would also like to know if towers put stress cracks on your boat? Thanks

mikeyt 04-22-2008 04:28 PM

Have a look under our "Watersports" in the General Chat section. You will find lots of information there to help you out.

jktbea 04-22-2008 04:39 PM

Thanks. Sorry im new here.

WetWilly 04-22-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jktbea (Post 5899)
Thanks. Sorry im new here.

Hi jktbea,

No need for apologies, half the fun is learning how to get around all the great info this site has to offer and if an occasional member gets lost, no problem, we'll happily get them back on track! We have two threads on wake towers, you'll find them in the Watersports section of the General Chat forum.

Since your new to the forum, would you mind introducing yourself to the rest of the club (click here), this gives everyone a chance to get familiar with you and your Shabah.

Welcome aboard,
WetWilly

mikeyt 04-22-2008 08:42 PM

Sorry jktbea... i didn't mean to come across as 'chastising' you for not searching out the info. i had only meant to point you in the right direction since that topic had been heavily discussed in our Watersports threads. A number of our members have looked at & investigated the Monster tower so hopefully you will be able to chat directly with them on that thread. There is always someone there willing to help out :wink_thumbup:

db24 04-22-2008 10:26 PM

Monster towers are great, they will not damage the boat. In some cases they do choose stress cracks but I have only seen it once or twice. I would go with monster tower over aerial because they are great!

supastipa 04-23-2008 12:40 AM

About five years ago we had a Joystick universal tower "professionally" installed on our Jubilee.....huge mistake. The tower has created major stress cracks at the mounting points. Trust me, take your time researching a tower and spend the money for a good one and professional install. I don't know if it is possible to find a tower with install that comes with a guarantee but if there were I would jump on it.

MariahMan 04-23-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supastipa (Post 5917)
About five years ago we had a Joystick universal tower "professionally" installed on our Jubilee.....huge mistake. The tower has created major stress cracks at the mounting points. Trust me, take your time researching a tower and spend the money for a good one and professional install. I don't know if it is possible to find a tower with install that comes with a guarantee but if there were I would jump on it.

I recommend Samson Sports! They make VERY high quality towers. Keep in mind you get what you pay for so the Samson product is on the pricey side. It's well worth it though:wink_thumbup:

Here's some shots of Mariah's with Samson Towers: Click Here

Here's some more reading material: Click Here

mariahsam 06-29-2011 06:02 AM

Re: wake Tower on 96 210 Shabah

I just bought a 1998 Jubilee. What a great boat!! I did some research on the wake towers and chose Big Air H2O. My desert-car fabricator, Dustin of AG Sandcars, installed it for me. I figured he knows how work with metal, has a hoist, extra hands, tools ... and not to mention a fever for perfection! Anyway, I am really pleased with the end result. Will post some pictures. He mounted the tower just behind the bimini, so the two don't interfere and follow the same slope lines.