The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mercury MerCruiser (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/)
-   -   Warning Buzzer Stays on (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/14639-warning-buzzer-stays.html)

Bolmach1 03-18-2024 09:38 PM

Warning Buzzer Stays on

Hello,

I am sure this was covered somewhere but I can't find it. I have a 2007 Mariah sx19 with the 3.0 Mercruiser Engine. After the boat starts. The warning buzzer won't shut off. I have good oil pressure, amps, the water temperature holds steady and the outdrive oil is full. I have changed the outdrive reservoir, the temperature sensor and the oil pressure sensor. WHAT AM I MISSING??

GregT 03-19-2024 12:46 PM

Re: Warning Buzzer Stays on

You have changed the 3 main sources for an alarm. When you changed the outdrive reservoir you mean the sensor? Those sensors go bad and will result in an alarm. I'm not sure what else it may be.

Bolmach1 03-19-2024 05:49 PM

Isn't the sensor inside the reservoir?

GregT 03-19-2024 06:04 PM

I assume it is, did you connect up wiring when you replaced the reservoir? I've also seen the level sensor mounted to the cap itself, mostly on outboards though.

Bolmach1 03-19-2024 07:33 PM

The wires are connected I changed the buzzer, also.

GregT 03-19-2024 07:40 PM

damn, I'm running out of ideas here. I read a previous post where someone with a similar problem found a section of wiring that was being pinched and shorted it out which caused the buzzer to sound. One last longshot might be to disconnect the negative battery terminal for several minutes which may clear any old codes in the ECU that could trigger the alarm. I'm down to guessing now.

Bolmach1 03-19-2024 07:43 PM

I'm open to anything. I'll give it a try.
Thanks!!

Bolmach1 03-21-2024 04:27 PM

So, what I found out is that if I unplug the water temperature sensor wire. The alarm stops. The temperature gauge is working, though. I assume it's the right gauge because the distributor needed the engine vin to order the part. Bad Sensor??? Is there more than 1 sensor that was used on the engine??

GregT 03-21-2024 07:38 PM

The VIN tells them the engine generation and they changed designs over the years. You can go to Boats.net and input the information to find the parts drawings for your engine too. How do you know the gauge is working properly. Does it go down and slowly come up with the engine heating up as you run it? The gauge may still work with a malfunctioning sensor but be enough to trigger the alarm possibly. At least I think you narrowed the culprit to the temp sensor, now just need to figure out what the real problem is. possibly a bad sensor even if new?

Bolmach1 03-21-2024 07:55 PM

Thanks. I'll order a new sensor and hope.