The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mercury MerCruiser (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/)
-   -   unplugged wires (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/14549-unplugged-wires.html)

marcchenier 07-19-2023 05:52 PM

unplugged wires

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all! Just purchased a "new to us" 1992 Mariah Shabah with the 4.3L LX MerCruiser.
I have been going over the boat and there are a few things that would require some attention.

I noticed that the engine has a few wires that are not connected and I am trying to determine what they are and if they are needed.

As you can see in the picture, There is a Black wire (most likely ground) but there is also this Purple wire with a plastic connector on the end and a Yellow with Blue stripe wire.

All 3 are disconnected and I can't seem to find where they are supposed to be.

I did notice that the speedometer does not work so maybe one of these are linked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GregT 07-20-2023 01:00 PM

Re: unplugged wires

I'm not sure what you have there. One thing to keep in mind is Mariah used the same wiring harnesses on every boat, so if your boat didn't have extra features added, the wiring for those features will still be there. I have several plugs and wires on top of my engine that are not connected to anything too.

Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will chime in. You could also post on the two facebook groups since they are usually more active than this site.

Hudson River Steve 07-22-2023 02:04 PM

Wiring on the engine is Mercruiser wiring. Suggest you get the manual for your engine and check the wire colors.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

tbrookens 03-22-2024 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcchenier (Post 70407)
Hello all! Just purchased a "new to us" 1992 Mariah Shabah with the 4.3L LX MerCruiser.
I have been going over the boat and there are a few things that would require some attention.

I noticed that the engine has a few wires that are not connected and I am trying to determine what they are and if they are needed.

As you can see in the picture, There is a Black wire (most likely ground) but there is also this Purple wire with a plastic connector on the end and a Yellow with Blue stripe wire.

All 3 are disconnected and I can't seem to find where they are supposed to be.

I did notice that the speedometer does not work so maybe one of these are linked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you ever get this sorted out? If not, I can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcchenier 03-23-2024 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbrookens (Post 70583)
Did you ever get this sorted out? If not, I can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thank you for your reply! From my understanding it’s for some option I don’t have. I never found out any more information.