The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mercury MerCruiser (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/)
-   -   fuel tank capacity (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/1374-fuel-tank-capacity.html)

jchemotti 07-03-2008 02:41 AM

fuel tank capacity

I've looked through the manual for the 1996 Mariahs, but can't find any specs on the fuel tank capacity. Does anyone have that information for a '96 Shabah 180?

I'll be taking some pics soon, after my waxing and total cleaning of the boat is finished.

thanks,
Jan

mikeyt 07-03-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchemotti (Post 8392)
I've looked through the manual for the 1996 Mariahs, but can't find any specs on the fuel tank capacity. Does anyone have that information for a '96 Shabah 180?

I'll be taking some pics soon, after my waxing and total cleaning of the boat is finished.

thanks,
Jan

According to the 1996 Manual....28 gals or 106 litres depending on whether you are north or south of the 49th parallel. ;)

jchemotti 07-03-2008 02:57 AM

Mikey, you're an absolute doll! Where did you find that information (page) in the manual?

PS. I looked at all the pics of your boat, and then I looked at the pics of the other 96 Shabah on the picutre page. What I'm curious about is: your beautiful and mint condition boat has 2 rear seats with a sotrage locked in between, and the other one has a 3 person bench seat. I'm confused (usually . . .ha)

Jan

boarder1010 07-03-2008 04:48 AM

Would my 182 Barchetta(1995) be about the same. I downloaded the generic manual from this site but can't seem to find specs on that?

WetWilly 07-03-2008 07:36 AM

Hi boarder1010,

Your Barchetta comes equipped with a 30 Gal (113L) tank.

As a Silver Contributor, go to the "Promotional Materials Archive " forum where you will find the 95 brochure and the specs on your Mariah.

WetWilly

180diablo 07-03-2008 12:14 PM

23gal / 87L for my Diablo :)

Normally it doesnt really see over 40L anyways tho... hehe.

mikeyt 07-03-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchemotti (Post 8397)
Mikey, you're an absolute doll! Where did you find that information (page) in the manual?

PS. I looked at all the pics of your boat, and then I looked at the pics of the other 96 Shabah on the picutre page. What I'm curious about is: your beautiful and mint condition boat has 2 rear seats with a sotrage locked in between, and the other one has a 3 person bench seat. I'm confused (usually . . .ha)

Jan

Hi Jan

As the kiddies say....'my bad'. I meant the 'brochure' rather than the 'manual'. Specs for each boat are shown right under the pics.

Mine has the standard seating arrangement with the 'jump' seats alongside the engine box. The 3 person bench style is referred to as "Sports seating" and it usually comes with 2 buckets up front rather than the fold down style seat. It's kinda a preference thing but one advantage to the Sports arrangement is the larger sunpad. The disadvantage is one less seat in the cockpit. I just changed my drivers side fold down seat to an original Mariah bucket seat about 2 wks ago. I had the seat vinyl replaced and the guy who did it for me also hand-stitched the Mariah name so that it looks very original. What i gained was extra space behind the drivers seat and a more comfortable driving position.

Z 202 07-03-2008 03:13 PM

Sport seating FTW!

I love the layout. Passenger seat swings around 180° to give the spotter comfortable position. Seating space isn't an issue in the B/R. I've had 8 people in the boat...

jchemotti 07-04-2008 05:11 AM

I like the sports seating style . . .

I know the original seating in the driver's and mate's positions were the pedestal seats, because when I took all the seats out to shampoo the rug, I could see the outline of the round pedestal mount on the rug.

So here's another :shakehead:question: how is the pedestal attached and secured? Under the rug the floor is made of plywood, but there's really no access to the underside of the plywood to secure bolts or anything to hold the pedestal in place.

WetWilly 07-04-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchemotti (Post 8470)
I know the original seating in the driver's and mate's positions were the pedestal seats, because when I took all the seats out to shampoo the rug, I could see the outline of the round pedestal mount on the rug.

So here's another :shakehead:question: how is the pedestal attached and secured? Under the rug the floor is made of plywood, but there's really no access to the underside of the plywood to secure bolts or anything to hold the pedestal in place.

Hi jchemotti,

If your Shabah did have pedestal seats installed, you should find six evenly spaced holes about 1" in from the outer circle in the carpet and wooden floor. If the bolt holes aren't there, you didn't have pedestal seats.

The pedestals were attached via bolts that went down through the pedestal, 2 layers of wood and into a metal plate secured to the bottom of the wood.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...eatbracket.jpg

Here you can see a worker attaching the metal plate to the bottom the the floor.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...kingPlates.jpg

Mikeyt was looking into replacing his front/rear dual seat with a pedestal, here is a link to his original thread: Click here.

WetWilly